PDA

View Full Version : C452 leading edge second transfer failure, tray 4 only

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
07-25-2014, 12:49 PM
first 25mm or 1 inch for our American friends is faded, but only from tray 4 and only in black mode, colour is fine.

all other trays are fine.

belt, transfer roller and black drum are all new,

fw is at latest level.

fault is exhibited only on the FIRST page, so if you do a multiple page job only the first page is bad the rest are fine. If you power off the machine at the main switch and restart it and do a 1 page job it comes out fine. Let it come to idle state do a 1 page job from tray 4 problem is back again.

if you manually change second transfer voltage settings to anything other than auto, half the page comes out blank.

looking a hell of a lot like second transfer HV failing or delayed start. oddly enough every other tray is PERFECT!!! Anyone had this before ?

Phrag
07-28-2014, 03:15 AM
Not that I recall, no.

But we have had some strange issues cause by the little grounding clip that bridges the copier and finisher (screwed onto copier body at the base.)

That was a head scratcher.

jamesmutz
10-23-2014, 06:11 AM
Just wondering if you resolved this issue as I have a C452 with the same symptoms doing exactly the same thing. Sounds like I have replaced the same things as you have but nothing seems to make a difference. I am looking at replacing the HV board next. I find it bizarre that it is only happening from tray 4!

allan
10-23-2014, 07:24 AM
I think this machine uses second transfer retraction. I had i similar problem on a C353 I replaced the assy on the door and the problem was gone. But only from tray 4. sounds like FW.

Custom Search