PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Minolta CF2002 Fuser drive problem

Custom Search

mrdummy
07-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Since some days ago, after many months good work, i have suddenly paper jam problems.
They are always stopped just in front of the fuser.

When i started the machine, i heard slow chopping sound. It seems coming from the fuser part.
The fuser unit is checked carefully, but there are no damages.
But the fuser drive wheel in the machine part rotates too much free. There is no 'connection' feel to the fuser drive motor.
I think the drive part is possible broken in the machine part.

Print tests pointed out fuser wont take the paper and transport forward. All papers are stopped in front of fuser, like fuser wont eat the paper.
What do you think about my fuser drive part problem? Do you also seen same problems in your life?
If the problem is indeed in the drive part, then i take a look. The machine screen shows only jam problem, not a system error.

Thank you very much.

copier addict
07-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Make sure when the door is closed it is engaging fuser drive. There should be a tab on the door that pushes an actuator and engages drive

mrdummy
08-02-2014, 10:34 AM
I have checked it. While pushing against the door at right side (fuser side) to keep it closed, i can feel clack-clack mechanism and sounds in the door.

Testcopy: 2 or 3 clack sound heard and feeled. The paper comes finally out, which means fuser drive is still working.

Because i have not heard earlier clack sounds in fuser area, i hope there are not much damage in driving mechanism.

mrdummy
10-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Finally, i found the problem. It's very strange problem actually.

I have opened copier at back and examined fuser drive and fuser pressure motors.
When testing the copier and keep eye on the motors, i still hear some claps sounds.

The first paper goes without much problems, but second is jammed again by fuser.
Then i discovered the fuser pressure is wrong set. The fuser transport motor is working correctly.
I know also why i hear clapping sound.

The fuser pressure motor itself is working correcty (toothwheels are rotating) but in wrong way.
When copier is started, it makes for 1-2 seconds clapping sound.
This clapping sound is caused by over-turning pressure motor in "less pressure" direction. Too much rotations actually than needed.
Because too much rotations in "less pressure" direction, the copier cannot see the right pressure set. When copier started, i can see the toothwheels rotated a bit back to raise pressure in fuser. But it's too low and so fuser cannot catch paper good (because low pressure) so copier see it as paper jam. Then motor turns back to loose pressure, but it overturns again and there is clapping sound heard.

Even next restarts and tries, the paper jam is not gone. Again, after each restart the pressure motor is over-turning toothwheels more than needed in "less pressure" direction, that causes some clapping sound inside fuser part.

The optical sensors looks fine, but i have not measured sensor in pressure motor. I need a check code for it.
Inside fuser is also optical sensor for marking "maximum pressure" point. But to reach that, many turns is needed. That is not happened here.

It's now sure the pressure motor setting is little out of setting. It rotated too much than needed and when rotate back, good fuser pressure is not set, because it makes too few rotations. It must make more rotations to reach right pressure.

Can this problem solved by manual software calibration? Or is there more work needed to make it correct?
It happens after many months good work, then clapping sound was heard. That is where the machine is little out of calibration in fuser pressure point.

Thank you very much.

allan
10-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Get rid of it. It needs to be in a museum.:p

habik
10-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Try firmware update.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

mrdummy
10-24-2014, 02:14 PM
If you say so, then who can send me firmware file? (ofc via private message for my email)

It may look as "museum machine" but i have no money for another machine. It's just small error. The paper feed was tested and prints are fine, almost perfect clean and sharp.
Only fuser pressure motor is bit strange, it overturn too much. I can also adjust fuser speed motor for it, but it has 0 value whole time (only 60 m/s is -3 adjusted).
Oh, fuser pressure motor seems also called "fuser separation motor" in service manual.

Thank you very much.

mrdummy
11-28-2014, 09:47 AM
I have asked Konica/Minolta service center, but they answer me the firmware update will not fix my fuser problem.

Looking at the core of the problem, it seems the optical sensor is possible in the fault. It has code wheel for the pressure measurement in the fuser.
If sensor should not give right signals, the fuser pressure motor overturns in the de-pressure direction, but turns too few in the pressure direction.

I go ask some business in refurbished machine, but your help is still welcome.

Blizzoo
11-28-2014, 05:40 PM
A bad sensor in fuser retraction will give malfunction code but worth a try to change it and check the specs to retraction gear.

Custom Search