PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C451 Black IU Trouble

Custom Search

bdesire
07-28-2014, 03:00 PM
This machine has had two black imaging units in the past month, the first bled developer all down the inside of the machine and the second has a shaded corner on all copies. The shaded corner problem is with that particular IU as I replaced the IU with the first and that problem went away but the first IU has light copies as the developer is mostly depleted. I have two different C451s with the black IU shaded corner problem. Is this an IU problem or a High Voltage board problem. Thanks in advance.

radu
07-28-2014, 05:28 PM
I don't know about the corner shading, but I know that these drums will bleed really easy if your black laser glass is not clean. Make it a habit of keeping the laser glass under the imaging unit clean.

There should be a cleaning stick in your first drawer front left side, after you open it, a little plastic door can be popped out. You have to insist when you clean it, because if there's any dirt in there you'll still get black background and eventually developer comes out.

Good luck.

monkeybum
07-31-2014, 03:21 PM
This model was famous for dumping black dev. Fit a new black unit and put something between the unit and blue locking lever so that the lever pushes tight against the unit ( i cut an old feed tyre up and glue it to the lever) The problem is the unit moving forward slightly and losing bias connection at the back.
Close the lever without any 'modification' and try and move the black image unit forwards and back and you'll see just what I mean.

xscotty1990
07-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Hello Folks,

there is also some Kind of plate which is used as offical modification. You can screw it in front of the Image unit.

Here is the PartNo:
A00J-P331-00

Greetings

Scotty

MVPunisher
03-08-2016, 08:04 PM
How did you ever make out with the shaded corner issue....? I have a couple in a row doing it as well. It is not a dirty laser glass. It is just the corner of the page. Very strange....HV? Thanks...

FixStuff
03-09-2016, 12:54 AM
I've had these IU's be bad straight from Konica. Had a couple of times where I put in a brand new one and get the corner shade.

If you work for konica make sure to call parts and let them know you got a bad one. They'll take it out of your inventory.

bdesire
03-09-2016, 04:07 AM
How did you ever make out with the shaded corner issue....? I have a couple in a row doing it as well. It is not a dirty laser glass. It is just the corner of the page. Very strange....HV? Thanks...

Hello I actually took the advice from xscotty1990 and made a plate that I could screw down in front of the black imaging unit to help hold the unit firmly in place and the problem went away. We also had a C451 in the shop to experiment with that had the same problem, and the metal plate worked again, we took it off and after a few copies the problem returned. Definitely not the HV board. It seems the manufacturers corrected the problem with the C452 by changing the design and adding a screw to secure the unit. As mentioned before by xscotty1990 the part is available on line with the part #A00J-P331-00. This link also verfies it: http://www.arcservicesco.com/1577/black-imaging-unit-482-5-for-oce-cm4521-cm5520-cm6520-i-482-5
I hope this helps.

Custom Search