PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 ADF dies intermittently

Custom Search

cap0319
07-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Hello all

Having an odd problem with a Bizhub 250 ADF unit. Occasionally, for no apparent reason the unit dies and goes completely unresponsive. no light, no taking paper at all. Everything else on the machine continues to function normally. I've checked the scan lock, the connector to the adf, no pins or connections are missing, I've measured voltage with a voltimeter and the adf is getting juice.

Any suggestions before I change the power supply board, which I can't help but look at as overkill, are very much appreciated.

ivovb
07-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Check cable for continuity between ADF and machine WHEN ADF is "dead". Or full open and closed ADF.

BR

JR2ALTA
07-29-2014, 09:33 PM
I agree with the post above. The problem I've seen is the receptacle on the machine side. Just a glance it will look normal but it you push in the adf connector you'll see that the receptacle caves in because it's cracked.

cap0319
08-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Thank you both for the response!

ended up changing the whole ADF unit, the connector on the side worked fine with a new ADF unit so apparently no problem there. still not entirely sure why my ADF died but stuff breaks I suppose.

Custom Search