PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous TIFF scans

Custom Search

emujo
07-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Have a medical customer, their imaging program requires TIFFs, and they need 3 SMB folders created. 1 for incoming faxes and 2 for walkup users to scan to folder. MFP is defaulted to TIFF for the one touch buttons, and RX forwarding is set to TIFF format. Forwarded faxes are directed to the fax folder and can be opened by the imaging program with no issues. Images directed to the other 2 folders are getting an error saying images are not TWAIN compliant. I am looking at the RTT drivers as a work around, but wondering if anyone knows what the difference between fax forwarded and MFP scanned images would be that would cause an error like this. Again, both one touches are defaulted to TIFF. C8 firmware and MFP is at version 5. Not ready to start upgrading to ver 6 yet as nothing in the release notes indicates this would be a fix. TIA Emujo

ivovb
07-30-2014, 04:59 PM
And the model of MFP is...?

Concerning newer versions of firmware. My suspicious that maker never explains all of the changes in new firmware, have been confirmed many times. So it won't be in vain to put newest version.

In other hand difference between FAX and scan TIFFs ... Hmm. Did not encounter such a problem.

BR

emujo
07-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Aw shucks...it's a 364e, just installed on Monday. Emujo

habik
07-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Have a medical customer, their imaging program requires TIFFs, and they need 3 SMB folders created. 1 for incoming faxes and 2 for walkup users to scan to folder. MFP is defaulted to TIFF for the one touch buttons, and RX forwarding is set to TIFF format. Forwarded faxes are directed to the fax folder and can be opened by the imaging program with no issues. Images directed to the other 2 folders are getting an error saying images are not TWAIN compliant. I am looking at the RTT drivers as a work around, but wondering if anyone knows what the difference between fax forwarded and MFP scanned images would be that would cause an error like this. Again, both one touches are defaulted to TIFF. C8 firmware and MFP is at version 5. Not ready to start upgrading to ver 6 yet as nothing in the release notes indicates this would be a fix. TIA Emujo

Have you tried Original Type set to Dot Matrix, Scan res 200 x 100 dpi and Black Only? Maybe the medical soft need lighter data to work with.

Digged something in Manual not sure if timing out for TWAIN Lock Time can cause an issue but worth having a look.

Coding method for TIFFs if scanned in BW: By default is MMR.

I'd try both. It can be changed in User Settings > Fax/Scan Settings > Black Compression

• TIFF-S (MH) MH (applicable only to monochrome format)
• TIFF-F (MR/MMR) (Default) MR (applicable only to monochrome format)

(IP FAX)
Transmission mode (File type)
• Color (PDF, Compact PDF, TIFF-C) / Monochrome (TIFF)
• Capable of transmitting TIFF-C (JPEG);
• Incapable of receiving TIFF-C (JPEG) (any receiving TIFF-C jobs are discarded)

6.4.7 Color TIFF Type
(1) Use
• Select the compression level used for saving TIFF format data in color.
TIFF (TTN2) Scan in TTN2.
TIFF (modified TAG) Scan in modified TAG.
(2) Default setting
• TIFF (TTN2)
(3) Setting item
• “TIFF (TTN2)”
• TIFF (modified TAG)

Lastly interesting note in Service Manual for Scan Functions Specification *2: TIFF Technical Note #2 compatible :confused: where to find this Technical Note #2 I got no clue

Good Luck.

emujo
07-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for all the replies...Turns out the One Touch TIFFS were sending in auto color. Changing the default to B&W fixed the issue. Who knew!!! Emujo

Custom Search