PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Copying Colored Paper on a Konica Minolta C454e

Custom Search

Tonerjockey.com
07-30-2014, 09:46 PM
This isn't a huge deal but wondered if someone had a solution. I have a customer that frequently makes b/w copies of documents that were printed on colored paper. Her old copier had "a button" that would automatically eliminate any background from the colored paper of the original. I thought I could just adjust the contrast or something and get the machine to produce 2-bit b/w and then save it as a program, but I can't seem to figure out a combination of settings to eliminate the background.

The best combination so far is:
Original type is Printed photo.
Brightness maxed out
Sharpness dropped to lowest setting.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Nate

wseyller
07-30-2014, 11:06 PM
In the application menu there is a background removal feature.

TheOwl
07-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Yeah, definately use Background Adjust to get rid of the coloured back ground.

When you are in there, select "Discoloured Paper" and then lighten it off. Once you are happy with the output, save it as a Program and if they use this feature alot, you can then make a shortcut on the main menu.

Tonerjockey.com
07-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Yeah, definately use Background Adjust to get rid of the coloured back ground.

When you are in there, select "Discoloured Paper" and then lighten it off. Once you are happy with the output, save it as a Program and if they use this feature alot, you can then make a shortcut on the main menu.

Yeah tried this in every setting and combination. It didn't work either.

TheOwl
07-31-2014, 01:37 AM
Try doing the following and then attempt the Background adjust again:

Menu
Utilities
User Settings
Copy Settings
Default Settings
Factory Default

You will then of course need to setup your standard defaults again such as default to B&W and double sided options if you use them as a default.

wseyller
07-31-2014, 02:16 AM
Me personally with certain originals I've had to do the background removal two or three times by copying the copy. Then doing text enhancement to bring the text back to a good density. Of course it isn't practical when needed often.

Tonerjockey.com
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
After playing around with it further I finally figured it out. Apparently I just didn't get all the right settings at the same time.

SOLUTION:

Set Sharpness to Maximum
Set Contrast at Maximum
Set Copy Density at -2
Set Page Discoloration at Lowest setting.

The only thing is that the settings will change according to the darkness of the colored paper original. If the customer uses a lighter paper then the text will break up and probably the Copy Density will need to be adjusted upwards. If the customer uses a darker colored paper original, the Copy density will have to be lightened. Otherwise this worked pretty well.

Nate

blackcat4866
08-06-2014, 12:57 AM
That's what those buttons are for, to fine tune the settings for each challenging original. =^..^=

Tonerjockey.com
08-06-2014, 01:05 AM
That's what those buttons are for, to fine tune the settings for each challenging original. =^..^=
I realize that I left something out there. I created a program button for the customer with those settings but told her that different colors of paper would give her different results. I just didn't want someone to try those settings and wonder why they were getting varying results.

Custom Search