PDA

View Full Version : Color copy function missing Bizhub c552

Custom Search

JVC
08-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Hello

I just had a couple of Bizhub C552s come in to the shop that have the button on the main screen to use to make color copies is missing. I have looked in the book and went through the admin and tech rep settings and can not find it. Can anyone tell me how to enable this function?

EarthKmTech
08-02-2014, 12:24 AM
are you sure they are not bizhub 552 machines ?

ie, they look like a colour machine, but have no colour parts. The colour button is replaced with density on those.

if they are indeed actually colour machines, just initialise the machine in service mode and that will bring everything back to factory settings.

JVC
08-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Hello

Yes it is a color copier and I can print in color and in a round about way I can get to the color copying but when we sell it I will need to have the button on the main screen. I have tried initializing the machine in the tech rep mode in the area system 1 and see no change. Is there a different initialization I am missing?

MFPTech
08-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Hello

Yes it is a color copier and I can print in color and in a round about way I can get to the color copying but when we sell it I will need to have the button on the main screen. I have tried initializing the machine in the tech rep mode in the area system 1 and see no change. Is there a different initialization I am missing?

Don't know what you mean by having the color button on the main screen, however, you can customize the display under the administrator settings.
Hope this helps.

JVC
08-04-2014, 05:18 PM
On the basic screen that boxes for finishing zoom and duplex settings the first one that will let you select between b/w color and auto color is missing.

I have noticed that the three machines that are missing this also have the tab where a key counter cable would go. Where would I go go access the settings to check if the key counter is enabled?

oldschool
08-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Once in service modes hit stop 9 to bring up built in billing mode. Then select management function settings then select unset.

JVC
08-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Ok I checked that and is is set to unset. I thought I was onto something when I found the knock out removed. Here is a picture of what the screen looks like.

HoonBoy
08-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Did you find out the cause? Would be handy for customers who would only like too copy in B/W...

pepper38_cnd
08-05-2014, 11:25 AM
There was a Utility released with the C224 series called Panel Customize Tool, not sure if it works with C552 but it sure looks like that is what someone has done I would give that a try.

emujo
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
I think you are headed in the right direction thinking the knockouts are somehow related. When you set a vendor, or management device, and later remove the device, not all of the settings that were changed go back to the factory defaults. Some items have to be manually reset. Look at the billing settings in the SH. There are a list of items that need to be addressed. I played around with one of our MFP trouble isolation settings and I could not get the color icon to disappear, just locked out the copy/scan/fax functions. It could also be a "My Panel" customization, but I would think a "data clear would clear this. Have you looked to see if any special firmware is installed in the MFP? I would update to the latest maintenance release to be on the safe side. Emujo

Custom Search