PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Networking problem on Bizhub C450

Custom Search

neo87
08-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Hello guys,
i have a little problem on a bizhub c450. I setted everything about the network and i can ping printer correctly trought the network, but if i try to print with universal printer driver, the copier show now signs of life, except for DATA blinking and no way to enter in the menù (i have to shutdown the copier and power up again).
I walked trought the menù and everything seems to be good, authentication is disabled, IPs are setted good. So i think i'm missing something about configs and the manual is not so clean. I tought it can be a router fault and i changed it, i changed ethernet cable, i tried with another computer but everytime the same binking data and no work/access signed in the copier.

I did some photos about network configs so i would like to ask you if something is wrong :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsf9ajzgfcoxrgd/c450.zip
some other settings: slp is on, lpd is off, snmp is off, pswc is off
"check ping answer" (from copier menu) is not working if i add pc's IP

TheOwl
08-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Quickest way to tell if it is the copier of the driver causing the issue is to Telnet into the machine on port 9100 and quickly bashing on the keyboard to see if the machine prints out what you sent it. You will need to install a Telnet client to do this:

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 9100 (replace x's with the IP address of the copier)
You should see a cursour flashing on the screen
<Type anything you want which should print out>
Close the session to send the print data by simply closing the command prompt

If you get a print out of what you typed into the copier, then you are more than likely looking at a driver issue. Seeing as the Universal Driver is a lot newer than the C450, I would suggest that you try the standard PCL driver and see what happens.

I would also enable PSWC (PageScope Web Connection) so that you can administer the machine via it's web interface rather than having to walk to and from the machine all the time just to change a setting.

neo87
08-04-2014, 02:22 PM
I would also enable PSWC (PageScope Web Connection) so that you can administer the machine via it's web interface rather than having to walk to and from the machine all the time just to change a setting.

About PSWC, how to enable it? I tried to see the manual and google it, but i didn't found it over the internet :(

MFPTech
08-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Hello guys,
i have a little problem on a bizhub c450. I setted everything about the network and i can ping printer correctly trought the network, but if i try to print with universal printer driver, the copier show now signs of life, except for DATA blinking and no way to enter in the menù (i have to shutdown the copier and power up again).
I walked trought the menù and everything seems to be good, authentication is disabled, IPs are setted good. So i think i'm missing something about configs and the manual is not so clean. I tought it can be a router fault and i changed it, i changed ethernet cable, i tried with another computer but everytime the same binking data and no work/access signed in the copier.

I did some photos about network configs so i would like to ask you if something is wrong :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsf9ajzgfcoxrgd/c450.zip
some other settings: slp is on, lpd is off, snmp is off, pswc is off
"check ping answer" (from copier menu) is not working if i add pc's IP

Simply stay away from the UPD They have lots of issues and you must know what you're doing.
Hope this helps.

TheOwl
08-04-2014, 11:41 PM
I just re-read you original post and you mentioned that you can't ping a PC from the machine.

This can be normal on a lot of sites as the Windows firewall as standard has ICMP v4 (Echo Request) diasbled which is that part of the firewall that enables or disables the fact of the computer replying to a ping request.

Enable ICMP v4 (Echo Request) and you should then be able to ping your computers, but this won't solve your issue as data is getting from the computer to your machine as dictated by the data light flashing.

Again, try the normal print driver.

neo87
08-06-2014, 05:15 PM
in the next week i will go to install the printer with normal drivers and i will try to print via telnet. I will say you the results, thx for your help guys

emujo
08-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I know the UPD works for this series, as I just updated 1 for a customer running server 2008R2 64 bit. Installation of the UPD is a 2 step process, once you have the UPD icon in the printers folder, you must next create the actual printer. This is done by going into printer properties of the UPD. It will open a new dialog box which you then configure for the C450 and the associated printer port. Next you have to "get device settings" so the driver knows the attached accessories, HDD status, authentication and so on. I would put the MFP into DHCP, let it pull all the TCP/IP info, set this as a static IP, then run the UPD driver again. Emujo

neo87
08-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I know the UPD works for this series, as I just updated 1 for a customer running server 2008R2 64 bit. Installation of the UPD is a 2 step process, once you have the UPD icon in the printers folder, you must next create the actual printer. This is done by going into printer properties of the UPD. It will open a new dialog box which you then configure for the C450 and the associated printer port. Next you have to "get device settings" so the driver knows the attached accessories, HDD status, authentication and so on. I would put the MFP into DHCP, let it pull all the TCP/IP info, set this as a static IP, then run the UPD driver again. Emujo

I tried to get the UPD working, but the result is the data blinking on printer, but no print :(

neo87
08-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Yesterday i went to do another three test to C450:
1) I enabled the PSWC and it works fine, i tried some function on it without problems
2) I tried to telnet the printer with a little string, the result is data blinking with no print
3) I tried to print the demo page trought PSWC but the copier freeze (this time no data blinking)

When the copier freeze, i can't even access the administrator menu (i can't access it trought the printer menu and even with the PSWC)... I'm a little confused by this last try. The client said that the printer was working good, but a technical changed a piece and after his bro did a total reset to the printer and after it stopped to works. Pls help me :(

MFPTech
08-12-2014, 02:41 PM
1) I enabled the PSWC and it works fine, i tried some function on it without problems
2) I tried to telnet the printer with a little string, the result is data blinking with no print
3) I tried to print the demo page trought PSWC but the copier freeze (this time no data blinking)

When the copier freeze, i can't even access the administrator menu (i can't access it trought the printer menu and even with the PSWC)... I'm a little confused by this last try. The client said that the printer was working good, but a technical changed a piece and after his bro did a total reset to the printer and after it stopped to works. Pls help me :(

Have you tried the very first basic step printing directly from your laptop to the copier?

habik
08-14-2014, 09:34 PM

You should define total reset. Was it Data Clear in service mode or just network set to defaults.
Check if HDD is enabled. Plus flash with latest firmware if board was changed!
Flash the machine regardless just to be sure!

neo87
08-19-2014, 10:36 AM
You should define total reset. Was it Data Clear in service mode or just network set to defaults.
Check if HDD is enabled. Plus flash with latest firmware if board was changed!
Flash the machine regardless just to be sure!

Is there some tutorial/guide about it? I searched in the konica's page but i didn't find it

Custom Search