PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 and AS/400

Custom Search

tervel12
08-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Hello,

I have a customer that has an AS/400 system and when they print to their bizhub 601, it will not switch trays when the tray runs empty. The device is created as per KMBS recommendations (see below) and all trays are configured the same. Any ideas how to get this to work?

It switches trays fine when printing from a Windows PC and the tray runs empty.

KMBS device creation:
To Create a Device Description on AS/400(R) to print to KMBS printers perform the following:
1. From the Main Menu under Selection or Command, type: CRTDEVPRT <enter>.
2. Change the following to set up the printer (those settings not changed, keep at default):
a. Device Description - (name the printer i.e., KMPrinter)
b. Device Class - *LAN
c. Device Type - 3812
d. Device Model - 1
e. LAN Attach - *IP
f. Port number 9100
g. Font Identifier - 011
h. Form Feed - * Autocut
i. Manufacturer - *HP5si
j. Paper Source (both) - *letter
k. Address - (TCP/IP address of the NIC)
l. User Define Option - *IBMSHRCNN
m. System Driver (hit F4) - *IBMSNMPDRV or *HPPJLDRV if SNMP is disabled in the environment.
Note: Vary ON the device to allow attachment.

Thanks for any input.

MFPTech
08-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I have a customer that has an AS/400 system and when they print to their bizhub 601, it will not switch trays when the tray runs empty. The device is created as per KMBS recommendations (see below) and all trays are configured the same. Any ideas how to get this to work?

It switches trays fine when printing from a Windows PC and the tray runs empty.

KMBS device creation:
To Create a Device Description on AS/400(R) to print to KMBS printers perform the following:
1. From the Main Menu under Selection or Command, type: CRTDEVPRT <enter>.
2. Change the following to set up the printer (those settings not changed, keep at default):
a. Device Description - (name the printer i.e., KMPrinter)
b. Device Class - *LAN
c. Device Type - 3812
d. Device Model - 1
e. LAN Attach - *IP
f. Port number 9100
g. Font Identifier - 011
h. Form Feed - * Autocut
i. Manufacturer - *HP5si
j. Paper Source (both) - *letter
k. Address - (TCP/IP address of the NIC)
l. User Define Option - *IBMSHRCNN
m. System Driver (hit F4) - *IBMSNMPDRV or *HPPJLDRV if SNMP is disabled in the environment.
Note: Vary ON the device to allow attachment.

Thanks for any input.

You may need to do the tray mapping using pagescope. Do a capture of the print job and check the pjl codes.
Hope this helps.

tervel12
08-04-2014, 04:22 PM
You may need to do the tray mapping using pagescope. Do a capture of the print job and check the pjl codes.
Hope this helps.

I will try to get a data capture, but I have not done the tray mapping before. How do you do that?

halbrandenburg
08-04-2014, 07:52 PM
The other thing to consider is that you may have to send an AUTO PAPER SELECT command instead of a TRAY CALL for a default paper tray. I've ran into these situations when you are not using drivers to issue printing commands. Not real clear on how the AS-400 functions with the KM, but I've ran into this kind of issue before.

Custom Search