PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C35 won't boot up

Custom Search

copier tech
08-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Hi,

hoping someone can help, got called to a C35 that had the usual "replace K I U message" but when I arrived & turned the machine on it just stays on the KM logo, the machine warms up etc but the screen stays the same. I tried to update the firmware but it won't boot off the USB drive.
The customer did mention he's had a message about the HDD but wasn't sure what the message said.
Any ideas!?

Ben Around
08-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Hi,

hoping someone can help, got called to a C35 that had the usual "replace K I U message" but when I arrived & turned the machine on it just stays on the KM logo, the machine warms up etc but the screen stays the same. I tried to update the firmware but it won't boot off the USB drive.
The customer did mention he's had a message about the HDD but wasn't sure what the message said.
Any ideas!?

You can run the machine with the HDD disconnected. Just unplug both connectors and see if the machine will then boot up. AT least you can determine if the problem is related to the HDD or not.

These machines will run without the hard drive connected with no problem.

EarthKmTech
08-05-2014, 08:44 PM
the km logo on a c35 panel shows up when the panel receives 5 volts via its usb connection, its no indication of the mfp board actually working, the logo is stored on the panel itself and the panel wont change state until requested to do so by the mfp board.

yes machine will startup without hdd as already mentioned, its an optional accessory and will automatically detect its presence or not.

considering mfp boards die like flies on these machines, thats what I would be trying next, and you will loose everything including your meter counts too. They dont need an excuse to die, just moving the machine can do it.

Firware is updated via the usb port from a computer or via network port, not a usb memory device directly.

hdd full error may of been the known issue of scanning compact pdf and having a dirty document with gray background etc. Firmware has been released that actually works to fix this problem, had it myself.

copier tech
08-07-2014, 06:18 PM
I got this C35 up & running, cheers for the info.
I unplugged the HDD & rebooted, m/c then said replace K IU so I flashed it with the latest firmware (you CAN do this via the machine USB port you don't HAVE to update it over via a pc) after the new firmware I extended the life of the IU's no no more message.
Thanks again.

Ben Around
08-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I got this C35 up & running, cheers for the info.
I unplugged the HDD & rebooted, m/c then said replace K IU so I flashed it with the latest firmware (you CAN do this via the machine USB port you don't HAVE to update it over via a pc) after the new firmware I extended the life of the IU's no no more message.
Thanks again.

Ah Success, glad to help. Thanks for the update.

EarthKmTech
08-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Yes, I only found out about being able to use USB memory on these devices for fw updating the day after I posted my message, till then I had never and still have never done it that way ;)

Custom Search