Result NG

Any help appeciated
Thanks

copier addict
08-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Sounds like the receiving fax is the one with the problem

copyman
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
copier addict, if you read my post carefully you will see we sent faxes from another machine to that same number and they went through fine.

copier addict
08-06-2014, 08:13 PM
copier addict, if you read my post carefully you will see we sent faxes from another machine to that same number and they went through fine.

I read your post carefully. I had the exact same problem with a BH250. I swapped the receiving machine (Brother) with one we use as a loaner (Samsung) and it solved the problem. I don't know exactly what the problem was, but there was some communication issue.

copyman
08-06-2014, 08:58 PM
I also had issues with the bizhub 250 but that was with using VoIP. Would send find but would receive, etc. A lot of the OEM's are not ready for VoIP. Hopefully they start designing their fax options to be compatible with VoIP. There is more and more of this replacing the conventional copper wire lines.

This Biz 180 problem may have something to do with VoIP. I have to investigate further.

TheOwl
08-06-2014, 11:52 PM
90% of the time, VoIP issues can be with the ATA Adapter / VoIP modem. You find that most of the issues can be fixed by properly configuring the VoIP system to deal with line noise and attenuation.

As for the # you are having issues sending to, what happens if you send through the fax from an Off-Hook dial?

If all other fax # are fine but one, I would still say there is an issue at the other end, but it could be hampered by the machine you are sending from. Chances are that both ends have a noisy line so the problem is amplified. Other fax #'s are most likely receiving without an issue because they are with in spec and are handling the noise.

Make sure that your TX attenuation is set correctly on your machine.

Custom Search