PDA

View Full Version : Documents not printing out Bizhub C360 but test page prints out.

Custom Search

patk
08-06-2014, 06:05 PM
I have an issue with a Bizhub C360 on a new server.

New server is Windows Server 2012, workstation clients using Windows 8.1. Downloaded and installed v 3.7.0.0 PCL6 driver.

However although all workstations successfully print Test Pages from the driver, at least 2 workstations sending Word or Excel files will see blue data light flashing then nothing print out. Job disappears from print queue, no error messages.

I have PaperCut installed on the Server and have this issue there also- jobs arrive in the PaperCut queue and just disappear when released- except Test Pages. C360 is configured by the book for PaperCut.

So I setup a non-PaperCut queue to the same C360 and get exactly the same issue.

I would be grateful for any ideas
Cheers
Pat

halbrandenburg
08-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Do the deleted jobs show up in the Job Log?

Have you tried to print directly from a laptop without going through the network?

TheOwl
08-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Can I please get you to check the following things:

1. On the computers with the issue, could you please go into the driver properties and then config and see if the machines are getting the device configuration automatically. If so, this can be turned off and you will also need to make sure that User Authentication is set to disable as PaperCut controls this instead of the machine.

2. Make sure that "Print with out Authentication" is enabled on the device as PaperCut again looks after authentication from the printing side.

3. Check the Job Log on the machine for printing and see if there are any jobs with errors associated to them. If so, then select the job and press the details button to get a better explaination of what is going on. If you don't know what the error means, let us know and we will get you up to speed on that.

TheOwl
08-07-2014, 06:19 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention firmware.

Sometimes you do actually need the latest firmware on machines for OS's and drivers to communicate correctly, so also look at that.

Phrag
08-07-2014, 06:41 AM
Just check "Secure Print" or something isn't selected in the 'Output Method' in the Basic tab. I've been caught out like that a couple of times. It sends the job but instantly gets deleted.

patk
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the input

The disappearing prints do appear in the PaperCut job log as printed- just as if they had printed out correctly

On the drivers Device config is not on Auto, User Authentication and Account Track is Disable and Secure Print only is set to Off. (The workstations are connected to the Server print queue )

On the machine firmware is up to date and Print Without Authentication is set to Allow.

The same issue appears whether printing via a PaperCut controlled queue or a standard queue on the same Server

Cheers
Pat

patk
08-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Checked Print Job History on the machine and all the problem print jobs are listed as deleted due to error- Details gives "login error"

Username is listed as "public" not as the users AD name which all the correctly printed jobs are.

Cheers
Pat

copytechman
08-07-2014, 08:24 PM
In the driver itself @ the workstation and the server make sure that account track and user authentication in the driver on the config tab are both turned off (disable). This can be confirmed under printer preferences/defaults by clicking the user auth/acct track button on the basic tab. If you do the settings there should all be grayed out if those features are turned off.

Regards!

A.

TheOwl
08-07-2014, 11:36 PM
On the machines having issues, you definately have "User Authentication" turned on. You will need to change it from Enhanced Server to Disable.

If you can't change the options in the driver, it will be because the Auto Obtain feature is turned on. This can be turned off by going into the Config tab (same area as the device options) and click on Obtain Settings down in the bottom left. Untick "Auto" and apply that. You will now be able to change the device options.

Just a quick question on the computers / drivers having the issue: What is the port that the driver is using for printing? It isn't one of those stupid WDS ports is it?

Custom Search