PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Firefox Only Browser Accessing bizhubs?

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM
We have been noticing more and more recently that Chrome and Internet Explorer are NOT able to display the Web Interface of different models of bizhubs. However Firefox works fine.

Has anyone seen this and know how to remedy/fix; as not all customers have Firefox installed or want it installed? Thanks in advance!

tervel12
08-07-2014, 08:46 PM
I have run into the same issue. It seems that if I login to some machines from IE then it says that another administrator is logged in. Chrome just wont show the network settings when logged in. Firefox seems to be the cure.

copier addict
08-07-2014, 11:57 PM
I have only experienced this issue on the C353 series. I switched to Firefox and didn't put any other thought into it. I have heard, however, that it has to do with the cache on IE. Try clearing it and see if that helps.

occus
08-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Today i have this problem for first time on a c224e... no access with IE (W7/W8 64bit) after update to mass production G20-G9 F.level 5.

But Chrome works.

habik
08-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Add ip of machine in compatibility view of IE.

halbrandenburg
08-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Add ip of machine in compatibility view of IE.

This has worked several times in IE for me lately. I don't even have to start a new browser session. This option is in the Tools Menu

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27351609/cv.jpg

habik
08-08-2014, 05:32 PM
This has worked several times in IE for me lately. I don't even have to start a new browser session. This option is in the Tools Menu

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27351609/cv.jpg

Thanks for that :) halvrendenburg. I don't have IE on phone. ;)

TheOwl
08-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Most of the issues are from C650's and back and we will probably see see it again on later model machines in the future.

The biggest problem with IE is that it it relies heavily on .Net Framework and as new versions of .Net are released, people generally don't install the older versions any more unless they are specifically needed for a software application.

There have been many firmware upgrades from Konica Miniolta for different machine that fix the issue, but then a new version of .Net comes again and the firmware doesn't help any more.

With the later versions of IE an newer devices, compatibility mode definately helps, but you shouldn't find any issues with Chrome or Firefox.

Synaux
08-18-2014, 04:52 AM
I have had many issues with java and browser assess to machines with all of the triumvirate browsers mentioned throughout this thread. I wrote a fairly in depth thread about Java being a turd at one time; however, nobody seemed to have an answer.

Owl mentions .NET so we might be talking about two entirely different issues?

You could experiment with alternative browsers (e.g., opera, comodo, et cetera)...although they might not help either.

Custom Search