PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 350 SMB scanning to PC problems

Custom Search

dml219
04-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I am an IT Manager at a University and have had a problem for a few months with some of our BizHubs that are inconsistent with scanning to PC's.

We are on XP Pro. We setup a folder called 'scanner': C:\scanner. We share it and Allow Network users to change files.

We allow MS File and Printer Sharing.

We enable Netbios over TCP/IP.

In PageScope, we create accounts under Fax/Scan. We choose the Com. Mode as TX:PC(SMB). We specify each machine by IP address. The file path is 'scanner'. We enter the username of the administrator account on the machines and put in the password. Coding method is left at MH.

Windows Firewall is enabled on all our machines.

Problem is, we can set this up on one machine, and it scans great. The next machine, with the same computing environment will not receive scans unless we completely disable the firewall, which is not an acceptable solution.

Out copier techs have no answers. Any information would be very helpful.

Copierdave
04-15-2008, 12:58 AM
PM me and I'll send you a step by step guide on setting up SMB scanning on the bizhub 350

Christan
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
The other Bizhub that is having issue scanning ( are you scanning to the same workstation? or a different workstation?) If it is to the same work station the it should be the setting on the copier but if it is a different workstation you might like to try to do some setting on the firewall. What firewall are you using?
chris

dml219
04-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Christan,

We use the Windows Firewall in XP2. The same Bizhub will scan fine to one or two workstations without any issues but won't to others in the office unless we completely disable windows firewall (all have the settings set the same as indicated in my original post).

suso73os
04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Hello, first of all sorry for my bad english. You can see the concrete error in the machine,check in detail error to see what happens it can say init session error or folder not found or anything else, I also put the permissions to all and I donīt have problems.

yretsym
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
have you tried setting an exception in your windows firewall for the ip address of the bizhub?

dml219
04-22-2008, 07:38 PM
We haven't done that. I'll give that a try...

xcopytech
04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
just put exception under windows firewall settings.
allow print and file sharing and add port with ip address of copier.

and suggest you to use some better firewall than windows.

junkiemanxl
04-16-2009, 06:57 AM
You can check if your ports 135 - 139 are open. Some routers/network switches block these off.

frank57
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Have you compared the firmware levels of the machines? Some of the earlier firmware had issues with SMB scanning in some environments

Custom Search