PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7040 need a palientologist

Custom Search

Coptech
08-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Have an old Konica 7040 that all of a sudden started jamming every copy with J72-10 or J72-12 depending on whether face up or face down. Disconnected the finisher and it jams J33-0 face up and J34-1 face down. The exit drive motor never turns on. It has been quite a few years since I serviced these things regularly but I don't recall ever having a bad exit drive motor. It seems tight to turn by the exit drive gear. I took it apart and made sure no rollers were binding with locked bushings. It is free without the motor in play. My question is, has anyone ever seen a bad exit drive motor or had this problem that was something else? Does anyone have an old parts machine that might have a good motor? Thanks, G.H.
p.s. I have a manual already.

habik
08-08-2014, 08:41 PM
I'd meter the motor windings and compare with similar on machine.If all good then meter continuity on wiring. Pinched cable? I'd say the driver would go first, than the motor. How about firmware?

Coptech
08-08-2014, 09:00 PM
It is a stepping motor. I don't think you can tell much from the windings. And the machine is old enough that it probably has the latest firmware...15 years old! It belongs to a friend that wants to keep it as a back up copier if possible. It doesn't appear to be a sensor issue as the jam codes indicate the fusing exit is working but does not get to inverter. If you select face up, that takes the inverter sensor out of the picture but it still jams. I think this one will be answered by someone that digs way back in their old memories and ran across one similar "back in the day". Thanks!

draph
08-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Let's go back in the day. As I recall I had a couple of bad one's over the years. Yes, they turned extremely hard also. Had one customer keep that beast of a machine up until the time I told him, I'm done, Not working on it any further. Then of course he bought a brand new one from someone else.

All in all, I've never missed the dead beat.

pepper38_cnd
08-09-2014, 02:55 AM
By the exit drive motor I assume you are referring to the duplex/turnover/reversal motor yes it is a very common problem just change the motor. Also the left door tends to fall apart or seize up and will cause the same sort of thing but I would bet on the motor if everything seems to turn fine by hand with the door open. Also if it is jamming face up with no finisher check that the exit switch mounted in the fuser is not binding the springs are known to wear out. We may have parts in stock we would love to get rid of let me know what you think it is you need.

Coptech
08-11-2014, 02:05 PM
PM sent...Thanks!

Custom Search