PDA

View Full Version : SMB not working in MAQ

Custom Search

babar123
08-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Dear Friends .

I am using konica bizhub-c280, I havng some problem n mac. When am using smb and scan the file it's showing error and when am check n errorlog showing server error , My smb is working in all windows application but not in mac , Have any solution to solved this problem ,

Regards
Babar Ali

Knothaid
08-10-2014, 02:27 PM
If you indeed have the credentials right for the Mac, then try using the IP in the address rather than the machine name. If it is DHCP, you are gonna chase it in the future, but it may help for the moment to diagnose the problem. I almost always start with the IP as part of the path. IE \\192.168.1.xxx\folder

I also make the folder name as close to the root as possible for testing. Once connectivity is established, you can adjust.

Another thing I have run into is that version of SMB have changed...At least for MS. They are now using v3 and do have some backward compatibility through an update, but the update applies ONLY to Win8.1 and Server 2012R2 (both are the same version of Windows except server/client architecture). You might also check the Apple site fore this type of update.

If you run into the case of incompatible SMB, one of the easiest things to do is set up FTP.

LMK if you decide to go that route if some of the above does not work.

One last thing...it would be helpful to also know what version of Mac we are dealing with.

KenB
08-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Check the host name of the Mac; the limit is 15 characters. Pretty sure it's 16 in Windows.

As mentioned, you're never wrong when you use the IP address, and bag the name.

Tonerbomb
08-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Filezilla FTP when nothing else seems to work...................................... If you search CTN you will find many posts for this type of problem.............

babar123
08-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Dear brothers

Thanks for your cooperative reply , Problem is not solved .
I am check in others sites and also n here , Mostly people are mentions to update firmware of copier ( Firmware GC6-C6 ) , Tomorrow I will get this firmware from dealer then will try to make smb again in mac . Hope so problem will be solved and If i facing any problem then i will disturb you peoples again.

Best Reagards

Syed Babar Ali

occus
08-12-2014, 11:33 AM
...some hints:

-password more than 3 signs
-login name without a space between
-ntlm version 1/2

Or the best is to search the other threads about this problem.
To resolve this problem with smb for your own skills are good, to resolve for your customer and the time is not paid, take the ftp protocol.

babar123
08-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Dear Friends

I update firmware GC6-C6, But problem is same. showing error server connection error. Its very hard for me . now am feel very very hopeless :( :( .. If anybody knows how to make smb n mac then please guide me .

Regards
Babar Ali

fishleg
08-18-2014, 10:24 PM
I heard macs use smbx which nothing including Konica supports so your not gonna get it work with smb.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wseyller
08-18-2014, 11:40 PM
With some version of Mac I was able to get it to work by changing the smb client setting on the copier from NTML V1 to NTML V1/V2. On the newer Mac OS it may never work due to different kind of Smb. Use can use the FTP method is your best bet. Newer macs you have to enable ftp by running command in terminal: sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist

To better help you tell the Mac os version

Kidaver
08-19-2014, 04:40 PM
The newer Mac OS's use an SMBX protocol and some machines are not working with it as of now. There may be fw updates for newer machines to help support this but an older machine like a c280 may never get this update and you'll have to find other ways to scan such as the ftp suggested above.

kingarthur
08-19-2014, 05:01 PM
i've recently seen a document on the infohub that covers this problem....cant find it at the mo though

babar123
08-21-2014, 07:04 AM
Dear Frined

I done , It's working

babar123
08-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Dear Friend

Thanks you all of for these feed back, Now smb is working in all mac device .. I am feel very happy, Thanks gain guys

Regards
Babar

fishleg
08-26-2014, 11:33 PM
How did you fix it :p?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Knothaid
08-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Dear Friend

Thanks you all of for these feed back, Now smb is working in all mac device .. I am feel very happy, Thanks gain guys

Regards
Babar

Barbar, for the benefit of those who helped you and for the community using this thread for similar problems it would show your gratitude better if you shared what actually fixed the issue.

Thx!

Custom Search