PDA

View Full Version : FS527 please replace staples

Custom Search

stan780953
08-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I have a C220 which has a FS527 attached and during a staple run it will say please replace staples.

The staple cartridge and holder was first replaced along with the staple unit, then the print board and loom in which the finisher connects but the fault is still there!

Any ideas?

Thank you

EarthKmTech
08-11-2014, 09:07 PM
dont know why you changed the printer control board, finisher control board and stapler ribbon cable would of been more relevant if the stapler cartridge and stapler didnt fix it.

I assume the stapler you are talking about is the standard one in the fs-527 and not in the optional saddle unit.

I also assume the staples are genuine and not some crappy aftermarket brand.

stan780953
08-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Hear what you're saying.

Sorry should had said I have tried a different finisher as this was easier than replacing board and looms etc and still have the same fault which is why I've move onto the control board and loom.

Yes it is the standard stapler but also has the saddle kit installed but this is fine.

Really weird fault!

pepper38_cnd
08-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Are you saying that you swapped the entire finisher and still have the same problem? Are you seeing this happen? Or is this something the customer keeps bringing to your attention. If so I would guess it is an operator issue. Try setting the machine to reset when the ADF is loaded and see if problem disappears.

stan780953
08-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Yes the entire finisher has been swapped and I have seen the problem with my own eyes. You could be doing a staple job and it will asked for staple even though the machine is running and then stop and prompt you to replace, open and close the finisher door and it's happy.

I have sence replaced the PSU to no avail but then tried the MFP board and up until now the fault hasn't reappeared.

Fingers crossed|

Custom Search