PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta c360 noise

Custom Search

brent
08-14-2014, 05:52 PM
at first I thought it was from the horizontal transport in the finisher. but today I went back and it is the motor that runs the waste toner conveying screws. m1. it is interesting that while I have the back off the machie it makes the noise whenever that motor runs. and I can hear and feel it as I jig the front door. I can feel it in the waste toner box. but when I pull the toner box out it operates freely. anyone else had this or what should I be on the look out for? I dond't have another waste box handy. anyways any thoughts
on this? thanks
brent

ps the copier performs as normal

SmellsHot
08-14-2014, 06:45 PM
I've seen this a few times. I was able to fix it with just tossing in a new waste toner....
I'm guessing it's not lining up correctly with the drive gears....

habik
08-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Between waste box and itb is a middle bit that can be taken out from front of machine. Chances are is blocked! Check itb auger and clean the opening mechanism!

minimerlin
08-14-2014, 10:48 PM
Between waste box and itb is a middle bit that can be taken out from front of machine. Chances are is blocked! Check itb auger and clean the opening mechanism!There is a mod out to trim the foam seal in the waste chute from the transfer unit to the box. Trim off the bit of foam that is inside the actual chute, this has always fixed the clogging problem but I have also had noisy waste boxes that have very tight gear shafts so tend to jump teeth on the drives.

brent
08-17-2014, 02:55 AM
well I figured it out. I was able to notice lots of toner in the pipe for the toner conveyer. but the problem was in the transfer belt. the cleaning auger was jam packed and I took the unit out and chipped away at it and hope it doesn't come back. I did notice that ther are like 5 ports for waste toner to go into the waste toner box. and I did install a new waste toner container. just in case. I appreciate all the help.

brent

blackcat4866
08-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Next visit you should check to see that the fan filters unobstructed, and the fans are running. Fused toner in the cleaning unit means either that the bottle has been overfilled, or that the internal temperature of the machine is too warm. There was a Canon (iR5000 series) that would seize up the drum cleaning unit as a giant rock of toner, and break the cleaning unit gears. In the short term we used to remove the ozone filters to improve airflow. On a few machines I replaced the 24vdc 2-speed main fan with a 120vac high speed fan that ran continuously, and did solve the problem. As a side topic, the machine was smart enough to detect the missing load from the 24vdc fan, so I had to leave it connected, and tucked up in the back. Later on, Canon came up with a small PWB that changed the high speed/low speed timing to help keep the machine cooler inside.

It was probably not such a good idea for Canon to position the drum cleaning unit 12mm from the fuser. =^..^=

brent
08-20-2014, 07:47 PM
the darn noise came back as fast as I left. I am going to order a transfer belt. just to be safe. or its the gear that drives that unit. the machine still works fine. copy quality is good. just cant figure out the noise. it was certainly in that transfer belt unit. as it went away. hoping a new one will make it quiet.. kind of irritating eh?

thanks again
brent

minimerlin
08-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Have you had a look at the actual cleaning transport coil area of the transfer belt? The noise is often the drive gear jumping due to compaction of waste toner in this part, normally because the small chute between the belt unit and the waste bottle gets clogged . This chute has to have the internal sponge tongue cut out leaving just the section round the rim at the top. Once done the noise has never returned.

brent
08-20-2014, 10:36 PM
I have a diagram that shows the 5 toner coils. and I see the one is making all the noise is in the actual transfer belt it is in the most left. so
on the last visit I took the waste box out and vaccumed up in the most left side port. and there was indeed some build up. so I ordered that part. the motor is turning. but the toner seems to be clogging up the waste toner coil.

I guess I will see if a new unit works or not

brent

deepdiver
08-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Had this loads of times and usually reoccurs on the same machine.
Remove Waste unit on ITB and clean as others advise but also check the drop through from ITB to WTB.
Remove the waste toner bottle and look up to see the shutter where the waste from the transfer belt drops through. Push the shutter back & clean the drop through a large allen key or something else as this can also have compacted toner stuck there too.

brent
08-25-2014, 11:45 PM
Had this loads of times and usually reoccurs on the same machine.
Remove Waste unit on ITB and clean as others advise but also check the drop through from ITB to WTB.
Remove the waste toner bottle and look up to see the shutter where the waste from the transfer belt drops through. Push the shutter back & clean the drop through a large allen key or something else as this can also have compacted toner stuck there too.

I was able to fix this with help from you guys and mini merlyn. It's fized now
i forgot to look at that port that the transfer belt drops it's toner through. Problem solved
thanks again

Custom Search