PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C451 cannot copy checks.........

Custom Search

blazebusiness
08-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Have a customer that wants to copy some checks he receives but the message comes up "reproduction of this original may be prohibited" and you get a black page. Tried copying in black & white but unsuccessful. Wondering if there is a way to turn this off. He is not trying to copy currency (money) and I seem to remember some of our other customers with this model have the ability to copy checks and do not receive that message.

RRodgers
08-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Have a customer that wants to copy some checks he receives but the message comes up "reproduction of this original may be prohibited" and you get a black page. Tried copying in black & white but unsuccessful. Wondering if there is a way to turn this off. He is not trying to copy currency (money) and I seem to remember some of our other customers with this model have the ability to copy checks and do not receive that message.

Try reducing it to about 90% and see if that works.

blazebusiness
08-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Try reducing it to about 90% and see if that works.
Thanks for the reply, I will have him try that. Guess I was hoping for something that could be changed in security settings or in service mode under softswitches or something to allow that type of printing. Still, appreciate the response.......

RRodgers
08-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the reply, I will have him try that. Guess I was hoping for something that could be changed in security settings or in service mode under softswitches or something to allow that type of printing. Still, appreciate the response.......

Its probably reconizing a pattern that is trippong the copy protect, no way of getting around it. Sometime reducing image size and setting it to b/w works. Good kuck

Jazzwcs
08-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Copy protect is being triggered by the watermark being detected on check. This will happen when you trying to make a color copy. Switch to b&w printing and also try using the watermark function in application option to add copy watermark to copy.

Gift
08-18-2014, 08:28 AM
It's not just banknotes that are prohibited but scanning to a pc and print the image afterwards might be an idea...

Zackuth
08-18-2014, 02:15 PM
I found this out last Thursday. A customer could not scan or copy a check in color, but could in b/w.

rrrohan
08-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Didn't he read legal warning about it being against the law to photocopy cheques

Synaux
08-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Didn't he read legal warning about it being against the law to photocopy cheques
The legalities are bullshit and hypocritical.
I do this all the time:
When I send a facsimile of a check I copy the check in order to facilitate to the feed on the fax machine (I do not have the fax option installed on my machines).

Either way, I just made a copy of two different checks as well as currency without any issues on a c550 (a c451). Someone sue me.

I don't know what their settings are, but I am running default settings...

rrrohan
08-21-2014, 02:42 AM
The legalities are bullshit and hypocritical.
I do this all the time:
When I send a facsimile of a check I copy the check in order to facilitate to the feed on the fax machine (I do not have the fax option installed on my machines).

Either way, I just made a copy of two different checks as well as currency without any issues on a c550 (a c451). Someone sue me.

I don't know what their settings are, but I am running default settings...

i thought that copy protection required a upgrade kit of some sort

we have never had a cstomer that needed it so cant recall what it is.

but by default without any options i have photocopied money just as a test and it worked fine

wseyller
08-21-2014, 03:41 AM
Had another tech call me yesterday and asked me for help which is funny because it was not long after I first read this thread. Said that customer could not scan a check on a bizhub with b&w or color. Had him try to make a b&w copy then scan the copy which worked.

I seem to remember it was an E series copier he was on but not certain

blazebusiness
08-23-2014, 05:26 PM
He couldn't copy it in color or even in black & white mode. As per the advice given here by you all we sent an email to the customer telling him to try reducing the image and try and to copy it in black & white. Don't know if that worked as he,of course, never emailed us back to let us know. Thanks again for all the responses.

Custom Search