PDA

View Full Version : CS-3050ci Streaking

Custom Search

BHRLC
08-15-2014, 09:33 PM
The original issue was printing on glossy paper that is medium thick and they would have
horizontal magenta streaks but not heavy, more like it was part of the background.
I changed paper weight, type and set to glossy mode in the menus to match and it helped alot but it's just intermittent. Very strange.
Cleaned the charge rollers too.
Now, this issue of the horizontal green band, as you can see in the pics. Maybe a failing board?
Firmware is up to date.

They did state that they can let it run about 50 prints then "let it cool down a bit" to remedy
the issue for a while. Again, strange.

We've warrantied the Magenta DV unit and swapped the K and M drums to see if that was even
it, and same dang intermittent issue.
They haven't said anything about the magenta lately, so, we'll just have to see what time holds.

blackcat4866
08-16-2014, 12:48 AM
What do the U089 gray test patterns look like? That will help you distinguish between an engine problem and an optical problem. =^..^=

BHRLC
08-20-2014, 07:47 PM
What do the U089 gray test patterns look like? That will help you distinguish between an engine problem and an optical problem. =^..^=

I'll run by there after while and get some printouts.

BHRLC
08-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Got the U89 prints yesterday - Magenta looks perfect, as the main issue
starting out was with that color.
Grey looks ok too.

BHRLC
09-17-2014, 12:51 AM
So after like the 5th time revisiting this customer, I think I got it figured out.
The situation got worse before it got better. Alot worse.
I cleaned the transfer belt contacts on both the belt's frame and the machine and guess what happened to the
"background" streaking? Gone. For now.

Notice the multiple steps one has to take in the "troubleshooting" guide for this series for multiple issues.
Especially toner spillage or droppage / dust issues. Jeesh.

SO, their prints on Ledger gloss color paper started smearing/streaking REALLY badly. Like creating
bad-toner-buildup-on-the-fuser-blade/guide badly.
Come to find out, rollers are pulling multiple pages. From ALL trays, including MP. Get to go back tomorrow and clean all rubber
paper path rollers. Hope it works. :rolleyes:

blackcat4866
09-17-2014, 12:56 AM
So after like the 5th time revisiting this customer, I think I got it figured out.
The situation got worse before it got better. Alot worse.
I cleaned the transfer belt contacts on both the belt's frame and the machine and guess what happened to the
"background" streaking? Gone. For now.

Notice the multiple steps one has to take in the "troubleshooting" guide for this series for multiple issues.
Especially toner spillage or droppage / dust issues. Jeesh.

SO, their prints on Ledger gloss color paper started smearing/streaking REALLY badly. Like creating
bad-toner-buildup-on-the-fuser-blade/guide badly.
Come to find out, rollers are pulling multiple pages. From ALL trays, including MP. Get to go back tomorrow and clean all rubber
paper path rollers. Hope it works. :rolleyes:

Get used to cleaning the rubber regularly. Don't forget the registration rollers, or registration can start to wander severely. I always know when one of our print shops is doing full gloss media. 1 to 2 calls for each day running gloss. =^..^=

Custom Search