PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub 601 light density

Custom Search

solidzdawg
08-15-2014, 11:36 PM
What on a 601 can cause light density (washed out like old developer) , I have replaced drum, dv, new PM kit. Total count is 1mil

I'm gonna go in Monday with Trans sep unit, and charge Corona unit...

ZOOTECH
08-15-2014, 11:45 PM
What on a 601 can cause light density (washed out like old developer) , I have replaced drum, dv, new PM kit. Total count is 1mil

I'm gonna go in Monday with Trans sep unit, and charge Corona unit...
Have you tried an emergency stop to see if drum has solid fill?

RRodgers
08-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Have you cleared counters and ran adjustments for the parts you've replaced?

Jazzwcs
08-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Could be a charge or voltage issue. Also check the dev unit itself to see if the toner is backed up. With 1 million on copier, I suspect the the dev unit gears and/or bushings might be bad and dev unit needs to be replaced. Otherwise you are looking at either charge corona or hv unit issue.

solidzdawg
08-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Here's an update on this disaster

I have replaced developing unit, charge Corona unit, transfer/sep unit, to no avail. I will upload image later but the halftone looks washed out and poor overall still.

I'm gonna throw a new drum cartridge in it Monday. I have also checked voltages and compared to a good working 601. I have never seen this before.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate any more ideas!

blackcat4866
08-23-2014, 09:04 PM
And the latent image? Is the image properly developed on the drum? =^..^=

wseyller
08-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Never mentioned whether you cleared counts and did all of the adjustments required.

solidzdawg
08-23-2014, 11:05 PM
I ran all adjustments and cleared counters following the service manual to a T. I've maintenenced this model of machines quite a bit so I am familiar with the basics like that.

I haven't ran a stop test to look at the drum specifically, just after the transfer, before being fused. It seems hard to time the stop test to leave image on drum and not the paper (I'm kind of a noob sometimes)

EarthKmTech
08-24-2014, 12:29 AM
I've had a faulty drum sensor board cause ultra light, washed out prints (new out of the box)

they can and do fail from esd when vacuuming around them with an inappropriate vacuum cleaner / nozzle too, same goes for the ADU board blowing when vacuuming around to reg section. I blew my fair share of those when I started in the industry and my employer was too cheap to buy me a proper vacuum cleaner.

CraigW
08-25-2014, 02:40 PM
. It seems hard to time the stop test to leave image on drum and not the paper (I'm kind of a noob sometimes)

Cheat the front doors and peer in.... use legal, and an 01 print in service mode.

Synaux
08-28-2014, 07:04 AM
The TCR board can fail.
I keep my air compressor with me (mini Harbor Freight model). On the 601s (and earlier models), I obliterate and destroy. It is amazing how far you can throw a chunk of toner with 150psi and no damage to the infrastructure --in other words take the air to it (outside).

That drum carriage will be spotless. Works every-time for me.

Hope this helps.

Custom Search