PDA

View Full Version : C554 skew

Custom Search

jwrycza
08-19-2014, 03:26 AM
I have a Bizhub C554 with a PC-410 that is skewing paper right from to drawer. Not just a little but, a lot! It had a major paper jam that the customer cleared and then this started. Nothing is out of place that I can find. Any thoughts?

EarthKmTech
08-19-2014, 11:49 PM
make sure the tray is physically centered properly (front cover adjusts this, gradation marks left and right side of tray body), make sure 1 way clutch at transport roller hasnt popped its spring, if so fit shim washers to stop this. make sure side cover is closing properly and hooks are not broken. Also ensure the same of the main side door.

feed rollers in tray will wear cone shaped with tray not centered properly (and jamming in finisher transport) and cause skew too so replace them if theyre worn out. I have also seen sep arm bent causing this also.

large capacity tray is notorious for its lift wires comng off the pulleys too, make sure lifting platform is dead level looking thru side of machine with it lifted.

cant think of anything else atm. seen it a thousand times, fixed it every time.

jwrycza
08-20-2014, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the info! I have ordered the washer and the mylars for the cables to keep them in their tracks but, I will check the other things also. I appreciate the time you took to give me a hand!

EarthKmTech
08-20-2014, 11:35 AM
you wanna share the part number for the mylars to keep the cables comming off pulleys, i didnt know KM did anything about that and was just reinstalling them manually ;)

regarding the shim washer for the 1 way gear, i always use 2 if you use the km part number as 1 still allows the clutch spring to pop out.

jwrycza
08-20-2014, 12:46 PM
TAUS1300107EN- This is the bulletin number about the mylars. They had no part number listed but they do show to put them over the openings of the pulleys. I would think you could use a piece of tape in its place.
Is also a good thing I ordered extra washers. I will double them up!
Thanks again!

anzew
03-30-2020, 02:59 AM
Hi guys,

I cant get to taus1300107en on the knova site. Can someone please help me? I have the same issue on a 8 series.

Cheers

rrrohan
03-30-2020, 08:25 AM
yeah i didnt know about that bulletin.

I found that the lift wires would get bent and this would result in them popping off more often so id just flip the wire ends around

Custom Search