PDA

View Full Version : BH C353 code C4153 yellow lazer motor mirror error

Custom Search

Desert Rat
08-19-2014, 03:38 AM
Open and close the front door resets the code, but it comes right back.
Book sez it's the polygon mirror motor error for the yellow.
It also sez to change all four at once. What's up with that? At 600 each.
I'd rather not. Is there a work around or some other magic I could perform?

Thanks

DR

wseyller
08-19-2014, 03:48 AM
It is a common issue with this series for print head issue. And yes replaced them all at once. Many times I've heard of people not replacing all four and it still has issues.

PeterG
08-19-2014, 05:39 AM
The official line from KM is replace all of them at the same time.
As far as I know, they are only available as a "set of four" any way.
In the "real" world, if you have a scrapped machine, you can just replace the faulty unit. Just set up the skew as per the manual.
They are supposed to be matched, but you won't notice any difference.
I have replaced "lot's" of them.

Desert Rat
08-23-2014, 03:15 PM
:)
Thank you both for your help. I replaced the yellow laser and checked the copy. I guess I got lucky because the copy
looked great. It registered correctly. I ran through the auto gradation adjustment and it looked good.
The customer did not want to spend the money for all the lasers so just the yellow was changed.

Thank again for your help

DR

blazebusiness
08-23-2014, 05:31 PM
:)
Thank you both for your help. I replaced the yellow laser and checked the copy. I guess I got lucky because the copy
looked great. It registered correctly. I ran through the auto gradation adjustment and it looked good.
The customer did not want to spend the money for all the lasers so just the yellow was changed.

Thank again for your help

DR

Glad you are up and running again. The other lasers will eventually fail also. Really, really common problem on this series. Rumor has it that the laser units were changed because the original laser units were not sealed well enough and so the part was upgraded.

Desert Rat
08-23-2014, 06:03 PM
I recommended to my customer to replace all four. But I guess the budget took priority.
So I can look forward to another decent svc call from that customer.

Thanks for the assist

DR

BR549
08-27-2014, 01:41 PM
KonicaMinolta will replace these print heads free of charge and give a labor reimbursement if it is below serial # A02E010005614. See bulletin # 6878. There is also a firmware upgrade to try first. I think there is a misprint in the bulletin where it tells what error codes will be generated. When you order 1 printhead you get all 4.

Custom Search