PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Fuser Unit Rest Vs Replace

Custom Search

SunbeltX
08-20-2014, 07:02 PM
I have a notification to replace my fuser unit, however our tech offered to reset it at a much cheaper price. What is the major difference in this? I'm also not sure this is wise to do if I am just going to end up needing to replace my fuser unit soon anyhow, any information?

Jhonjon
08-20-2014, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=SunbeltX;432729]I have a notification to replace my fuser unit, however our tech offered to reset it at a much cheaper price. What is the major difference in this? I'm also not sure this is wise to do if I am just going to end up needing to replace my fuser unit soon anyhow, any information?[/QUOT
It means that you will replace the fuse re-install it and it will reset automatically. We do it for the rental machines. We reset it, but for the second time we will replace the whole unit.

copier addict
08-20-2014, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=SunbeltX;432729]I have a notification to replace my fuser unit, however our tech offered to reset it at a much cheaper price. What is the major difference in this? I'm also not sure this is wise to do if I am just going to end up needing to replace my fuser unit soon anyhow, any information?[/QUOT
It means that you will replace the fuse re-install it and it will reset automatically. We do it for the rental machines. We reset it, but for the second time we will replace the whole unit.

What make and model?

SunbeltX
08-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Konica Minolta c451

copier addict
08-21-2014, 12:18 AM
Do a visual inspection of the fuser. If the rollers look to be in good shape then I would reset it. If one of the rollers appears to be de-laminating then replace it.
Hope this helps.

SunbeltX
08-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Do a visual inspection of the fuser. If the rollers look to be in good shape then I would reset it. If one of the rollers appears to be de-laminating then replace it.
Hope this helps.

Resetting how?

blackcat4866
08-21-2014, 12:23 AM
I would be very surprised if this fuser reached life and wasn't making cracking/popping noises continuously. This series is known for it. If the rollers are intact and you don't mind the noise, go ahead and reset it. =^..^=

wseyller
08-21-2014, 04:46 AM
Resetting how?

Resetting the fuser on this unit requires the fuser to be removed and replace a fuse. When the fuser is put back in the copier will reset its life because a circuit is close due to the fuse. The copier will send a higher current than what the fuse is rated for to blow the fuse purposely.

The life that the copier sees is programmed for 300,000 pages of letter single sided copies. The actual physical life can vary. This depends on the device, the usage, and the environment the copier is in. It may be able to go twice the programmed life rating if reset or in some cases it doesn't even make it through it's first programmed life. There is no way for us on this forum to tell you what the result will be. The fuse cost is almost nothing. The labor to replace the fuse to reset is all the cost incurred by the tech. Cost of a new fuser would be several hundred not counting the labor. So even if you only get say 50% more life before the fuser physically fails it is a cost beneficial.

Custom Search