PDA

View Full Version : CS300ci Streaking

Custom Search

BHRLC
08-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Tried suggestions in manual, short of replacing all of the drums and DV units.
Tried swapping the transfer belt, which is what boss and I thought it would be, not any better.
Thoughts? Cleaning section maybe?
Running latest firmware.

ss12
08-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Definitely the drums,you could try cleaning the charge rollers but this will only slightly improve it

BHRLC
08-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Definitely the drums,you could try cleaning the charge rollers but this will only slightly improve it

So all 4 drums went out at the same time?
I had cleaned the charge rollers too, forgot about that.

ss12
08-20-2014, 10:46 PM
You could try replacing one colour drum to see if improves but I'm pretty sure all four will need replacing.unfortunately it's just one of those things they never reach their life

blackcat4866
08-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Cleaning does not solve all primary charge roller problems. I'll stick with one or more primary charge rollers. If you're worried about the cost, order one and try it in each location to confirm that it solves the problem. It will.

There's a low probability that your machine has dumped enough toner on the slit glass that the automatic cleaner cannot remove it all. =^..^=

BHRLC
08-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Cleaning does not solve all primary charge roller problems. I'll stick with one or more primary charge rollers. If you're worried about the cost, order one and try it in each location to confirm that it solves the problem. It will.

There's a low probability that your machine has dumped enough toner on the slit glass that the automatic cleaner cannot remove it all. =^..^=

I noticed a huge bulletin on cleaning several areas of the inside of machine, etc.
So that looks like fun.
Will suggest what you said about charge rollers to the boss.

I'm curious, would the slit glass affect the U89 prints?

blackcat4866
08-23-2014, 01:40 AM
I noticed a huge bulletin on cleaning several areas of the inside of machine, etc.
So that looks like fun.
Will suggest what you said about charge rollers to the boss.

I'm curious, would the slit glass affect the U89 prints?

The laser slit glasses? Yes, it uses the laser to make prints. =^..^=

BHRLC
08-25-2014, 04:04 PM
The laser slit glasses? Yes, it uses the laser to make prints. =^..^=

I guess I don't remember that part of the training videos. I know about the slit glass that the DP uses...

BHRLC
08-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Sorry, amongst the several color machines I've seen the past few weeks, I got them mixed up.
The bulletin that was about the cleaning was for the 3050ci.
We replaced the Magenta drum and it fixed that color's problem. Still waiting for the Cyan drum
to come in today.
Looks like Kyocera highly understates the duty rating of the prints for it's hardware.
Did I type that outloud? Oops!

blackcat4866
08-27-2014, 03:05 AM
The only way you'll get full yield from Kyocera color supplies is if 100% of your prints and copies are color. When you're doing 90% black/10% color you can expect 30% of the standard yield. =^..^=

jmaister
08-27-2014, 03:56 AM
Thats the drums aging. No other fixes other than to replace them.

Cleaning charge roller restores density only.

Be happy your DLPs are still healthy.

BHRLC
08-27-2014, 04:10 PM
The only way you'll get full yield from Kyocera color supplies is if 100% of your prints and copies are color. When you're doing 90% black/10% color you can expect 30% of the standard yield. =^..^=

Whoa. I would've thought the contrary, ie., less usage = less wear?
Welcome to Kyocera's world, I suppose. :D

BHRLC
08-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Thats the drums aging. No other fixes other than to replace them.

Cleaning charge roller restores density only.

Be happy your DLPs are still healthy.

~100,000 pages... not very aged.

Custom Search