PDA

View Full Version : Coin op machine

Custom Search

Taminol
04-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone knows of a company that supplies coin op machines to connect in to Konica Minolta devices.

I have a customer in London who wants to buy a KM bizhub 211 with a coin op. They have an existing Minolta EP2030 with an aging coin op on already, and I'm told this won't be compatible with newer machines.

I have looked at EMOS and ICS, are there any others that you can recommend ?

Thanks

Taminol

iMind
04-16-2008, 07:55 PM
A french company Cartadis, coins and pre payed cards easy to program, works five stars with Ricoh, see PDF.
I´ve got them installed at universaties and high school for students and teachers. full colour copies counts four developments, have to program copy count at exit otherwise last copy (credit) on card will allways jam if made in duplex mode, in our ricoh boxs its possible to put the copier to count copies at the exit instead of feed as factory default. Good luck. hope this helps

Taminol
04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks, the information you provided looks promising.
I'll give those guys a call in the morning.

Regards

Tam

just a tech
04-18-2008, 04:42 AM
we have used Vendapin LLC. before. have used them on toshiba and KM/copystars.. we were able to use the same coin op for the copystar copiers that we used on the toshiba copiers.. just got in touch with the company, told them which models we were upgrading to, and they sent us the harnesses to connect them.. works good so far.. try at "Vendapin.com".. good luck

Rudi
04-18-2008, 01:48 PM
you should try the old coin box because all that a coin box need is a 24v , 5v a signal and a ground wire to work. just be very careful coinboxes blow boards if connected up wrong.

Taminol
04-18-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm linking to vendapin.com in another window as I type - thanks

Taminol
04-18-2008, 11:07 PM
you should try the old coin box because all that a coin box need is a 24v , 5v a signal and a ground wire to work. just be very careful coinboxes blow boards if connected up wrong.

Rudi, that whole connecting coin ops thing brings back nightmare memories. I popped a main board on my very first installation back in 1986. To this day, I have not fitted another. Mainly because the sales guys were supplying machines with key counters or D-11

OMG D-11's !!
They were bad :eek:

Anyhow, thanks for your reply

bowser
04-19-2008, 04:14 AM
be carefull some kms use a serial interface now and what ever company u choose will have to investage this,very tricky

copier tech
06-19-2014, 01:57 PM
We have an issue with a EMOS coin op, the coin op has credit but the C253 just has the red light round the print key, EMOS have looked at the coin op & says it's a fault with the copier, any ideas?
& how do I disable the coin op from the copier just as a test, can I simply unplug the EMOS unit?

emujo
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Now that's how you hi-jack a thread...Most KMs need either the loop back plug re-inserted, or the billing mode changed to "unset". One or both of these will disable the coin-op. Emujo

mrwho
06-19-2014, 02:55 PM
To enable/disable external accounting devices:

- Enter service Mode
- Enter Billing Settings (Stop -> 9)
- Enter Management Function Choice
- Enable/Disable the desired functions.

If you're disabling, take note of what you're changing to re-enable it correctly the next time.

oldschool
06-26-2014, 06:12 PM
I know in the US you can purchase Jamex (http://www.jamexvending.com) coin boxes directly through Konica Minolta. It's likely the same for the UK but it would need a different coin acceptor and bill acceptor programmed of UK currency. I know there are some Konica Minolta dealers in the UK already using Jamex vend stations, specifically the Jamex 6557. We use the serial vendor 2 interface which will allow for a lot more price points (20) than a Key Counter (1). Three paper sizes, color V B/W, printing and scan/faxing.

Custom Search