PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous removing konica c352 lens assembly

Custom Search

acsolutions
08-23-2014, 03:58 AM
Hello, is there a procedure for removing the lens assembly! I had to replace the image processor board and had to remove the lens assembly to be able remove the board, and I think I removed the wrong screws! There are three screw in a triangle that are on the edge of the frame and two screws that have springs that I also removed! after replacing the image processor I am getting a code (lamp detection) I forgot the code!!! and yes the lamps come on! when I set the lens assembly down with out tightening the screws it goes through the process without error! I made the mistake of removing screws with paint, I know how stupid!! I feel bad as it is! I think that the screws that I was supposed to remove were the two screws on both sides and the frame slips through the three mentioned screws! is there a procedure to get those realigned also? any help would be great!! Thanks!

blackcat4866
08-23-2014, 04:20 AM
They have a jig at the factory to set up the lens assembly. Without the jig you might never find the right position.

Years back we had a new tech assigned to clean the CCD optics on a Mita fax. He saved a lot of time by removing those four red painted screws and cleaning the face of the CCD. The resulting scans weren't very pretty though. They were completely black. I spent most of the next day moving around the CCD PWB (the slots were less than 5mm long) until a got a very faint light blurry patch in one corner. Once I determined which corner was getting close to it's proper position it was only 2 or 3 hours more before I got it back to the right spot, and secured, and painted. If there is a method, I never figured out what it was. =^..^=

acsolutions
08-23-2014, 05:17 AM
They have a jig at the factory to set up the lens assembly. Without the jig you might never find the right position.

Years back we had a new tech assigned to clean the CCD optics on a Mita fax. He saved a lot of time by removing those four red painted screws and cleaning the face of the CCD. The resulting scans weren't very pretty though. They were completely black. I spent most of the next day moving around the CCD PWB (the slots were less than 5mm long) until a got a very faint light blurry patch in one corner. Once I determined which corner was getting close to it's proper position it was only 2 or 3 hours more before I got it back to the right spot, and secured, and painted. If there is a method, I never figured out what it was. =^..^=
can I take an assembly off another machine and place it on this machine, and how would I do that?

laitang
08-23-2014, 05:51 AM
can I take an assembly off another machine and place it on this machine, and how would I do that?

Refer below document

acsolutions
08-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Refer below document

Thanks for the reply! On the service manual pages you sent on 6. OTHER you can see three screws on the outer edge that are painted and 2 screws with springs, well those are the screws I removed so I could get the image processor out! What do I need to do to get those repositioned! do I need a Jig or can I remove a whole lens assembly from another machine to correct this or should I just grab a whole scanner assembly to resolve this? Thanks again!

Mr Spock
08-24-2014, 10:49 PM
taking from another unit would do the same. I have used a ruler and measured a known working one and used the left side of machine and left edge of the assembly to get it close enough to use the correct marks to make it work.

acsolutions
08-24-2014, 11:28 PM
taking from another unit would do the same. I have used a ruler and measured a known working one and used the left side of machine and left edge of the assembly to get it close enough to use the correct marks to make it work.

I thought removing the whole scanning assembly not the lens assembly! But what your saying is an option!

Custom Search