PDA

View Full Version : Jamming bizhub C554 jamming code J99-01

Custom Search

Laserbeam
08-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Hallo,

a customer of mine has a bizhub C554 with a jamming problem. The jam only occurs when copying or printing from the 3rd magazine (PC 410) with A4-paper. When I placed the paper in the upper cassette, all works fine.
The jam position is always exactly the same. The first sheet of paper is in the horizontal Transport (on the way to the finisher), the second in the Fixing unit, the third falls on the floor when you open the door and the fourth is between the paper feed unit from the PC 410 (look at the attached picture).
In the jam history list always the code J99-01 is listed.
Sometimes a single copy jammed or after 20 or 40, it's different.
I replaced the paper feed rollers from PC 410 but without success. I increased the pressure of the right door but the machine still jammed.
Total count is about 1,5 million.
What could cause this jam???

EarthKmTech
08-25-2014, 12:36 PM
one way gear on black transport roller in lct feed unit has popped its spring out and free wheeling.

correct it and install 2 official shim washers, problem solved.

Also make sure registration roller bushings are not seized, they will be by that page count if original and untouched that jam code isnt 9901 when they lock up though.

copier tech
08-25-2014, 08:55 PM

Have a read of this doc, very useful for J99-01 codes.

Laserbeam
09-15-2014, 08:01 AM
@ EarthKmTech

now, all works fine!!!! The solution of the problem was exactly as you described it.

@ copier tech,

the hotline of Konica Minolta Europe in Langenhagen (Germany) could not help me. In the official bulletins, there are no solutions for the error code 99-01.

I will order these parts, described in the PDF from UK Technical Support Group.

both of you I say thousand thanks for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EarthKmTech
09-15-2014, 12:34 PM
note that the clutch still pops with only 1 washer as recommended by the bulletin and as supplied from the factory now.

from day 1 of these machines being released i have been correcting these clutches with other washers till the official one was released.

Idgaf what the bulletin says, use 2 and you'll never have the problem again, ever. (unless they are no longer the piddly thin ones, which they still are last time i received them)

WATTY
10-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Hallo,

a customer of mine has a bizhub C554 with a jamming problem. The jam only occurs when copying or printing from the 3rd magazine (PC 410) with A4-paper. When I placed the paper in the upper cassette, all works fine.
The jam position is always exactly the same. The first sheet of paper is in the horizontal Transport (on the way to the finisher), the second in the Fixing unit, the third falls on the floor when you open the door and the fourth is between the paper feed unit from the PC 410 (look at the attached picture).
In the jam history list always the code J99-01 is listed.
Sometimes a single copy jammed or after 20 or 40, it's different.
I replaced the paper feed rollers from PC 410 but without success. I increased the pressure of the right door but the machine still jammed.
Total count is about 1,5 million.
What could cause this jam???
ON the 3rd tray if you look at the 3 gears there is one with a spring cluch in it, that cluch can slip out of position ( the pointed part comes out and spins).
I cut out a transparency just a bit smaller than the gear, make a hole in the middle same size as the shaft and push that on then the e clip this put more pressure onto the gear and the spring cluch won't pop out, also the two feed up rollers have now been modified with ridges in them as you do need to keep them clean, I use WD40 to clean them.
cheers

Issac-brock
10-20-2015, 03:01 PM
This worked for me on a C364e with PC-410, same issue. I had a sheet of mylar but no washers. Mylar works perfectly. Now I have many washers!
;)

ON the 3rd tray if you look at the 3 gears there is one with a spring cluch in it, that cluch can slip out of position ( the pointed part comes out and spins).
I cut out a transparency just a bit smaller than the gear, make a hole in the middle same size as the shaft and push that on then the e clip this put more pressure onto the gear and the spring cluch won't pop out, also the two feed up rollers have now been modified with ridges in them as you do need to keep them clean, I use WD40 to clean them.
cheers

EarthKmTech
10-20-2015, 08:13 PM
This worked for me on a C364e with PC-410, same issue. I had a sheet of mylar but no washers. Mylar works perfectly. Now I have many washers!
;)

done this hundreds and hundreds of times now always a success.

still an issue to this day, except now I am starting to see double washered clutches starting to fail too - I now keep the clutch (comes as 3 parts) in stock.

antone
04-28-2016, 05:35 PM

Have a read of this doc, very useful for J99-01 codes.
Can't open can you resend....I have this problem

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

copier tech
04-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Can't open can you resend....I have this problem

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The link is still live, it's a pdf file so you'll need acrobat etc

JeffS
05-02-2016, 08:49 PM
done this hundreds and hundreds of times now always a success.

still an issue to this day, except now I am starting to see double washered clutches starting to fail too - I now keep the clutch (comes as 3 parts) in stock.

I'm having trouble finding the right parts in the manual. Do you have the part numbers handy? I would like to carry the clutch as well.

Issac-brock
05-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Have a look below. This is from a PC-210 parts guide.
Parts 1,2,3 and 14(or create your own)

Custom Search