PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM 6030 Half scans prints fine

Custom Search

bkarza
08-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Hello all,
Long time lurker, yadda yadda.
I have a KM-6030 that INTERMITTENTLY (love that word) will only scan half pages leaving other half lighter or not at all. If I open the cover and shoot the sky the leading edge is pure black and exactly half the page is white. If I POPO the machine several times this goes away. Originally I thought it was the machine recovering from a paper jam with the lid open and auto sensing the scan area. (local repair service suggested this) Now it seems to happen regardless. My guess is the CCD but what do I know?
I am the IT manager but have a 7 year past 15 years ago with Xerox and a Kyocera Mita dealer. You folks ahve forgotten more than I ever learned but here at work if it has a cord it falls under my domain :)
Thanks in advance for any input. You guys are great!

copymech
08-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Remove the glass and clean optics. This should be the fix.

blackcat4866
08-26-2014, 12:22 AM
When you say 'scans', do you mean something else, like copy, print, internal reports, ...

A scan is when you turn a paper document into an electronic document. No printing. By definition it will have nothing to do with the print engine. Sky shots can be deceptive ... if for example you have a bright fluorescent fixture nearly right over the scanner. A better test is to look at the electronic scanned image, or to look at a print of a black page, or a copy of a black page.

I'm guessing that your problem is actually a printing problem, not a scan problem. =^..^=

NeoMatrix
08-26-2014, 01:20 AM
Sounds like the CCD could use a calibration. ???
I don't have the required test chart that does the calibration.
It is a special calibration chart only available from Kyocera tech support.
I've never used it on the 6030 though.

Blackcat may have something ....?

Custom Search