PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 283 Network or Machine issue

Custom Search

erodz85
08-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Hey all, i have a 283 That won't print, won't email, but will copy. I can ping the machine, but i can't access pagescope. updated to latest firmware today, still no change, except the machine says "Waiting for ARP Request" when i enter admin mode on the panel. Been that way for about 20 min. Any ideas?

SmellsHot
08-25-2014, 07:09 PM
turn on dhcp or manually configure the ip settings

erodz85
08-25-2014, 08:52 PM
turn on dhcp or manually configure the ip settings

Network settings tab is unavailable when this is displayed. I can't do anything having anything to do with network communication on this machine.

JR2ALTA
08-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Network settings tab is unavailable when this is displayed. I can't do anything having anything to do with network communication on this machine.

Try to ping that address with the machine unplugged. I have a feeling you'll get a reply, which means there's another device on the network with that same address.

Mr Spock
08-25-2014, 11:42 PM
These machines did not come standard with a print controller. They would scan to email without it. Look on mfp pwb and see if the ic chip is installed.

copytechman
08-26-2014, 12:40 AM
These machines did not come standard with a print controller. They would scan to email without it. Look on mfp pwb and see if the ic chip is installed.

Its a bh283, they came standard with print/scan, the bh421 series however required an ic chip for print.

Regards.

PS. Backup your data, maybe do a mem clear/ nic clear. Is there no network button in the admin menu@ the control panel?

Regards!

mo0651
08-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Does it have a hard drive?? option for that machine.

EarthKmTech
08-27-2014, 12:25 AM
initialize the network controller in service mode, system 1 initialize (from memory)

After the restart it will then default to automatically obtain an address but should time out after a few minutes and allow you into network config.

Mr Spock
08-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Its a bh283, they came standard with print/scan, the bh421 series however required an ic chip for print.

Regards.

PS. Backup your data, maybe do a mem clear/ nic clear. Is there no network button in the admin menu@ the control panel?

Regards!

I stand corrected..
I did not have my manual and was thinking of the 421 family.

Custom Search