PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C552 with C-2557 & C-2551 Error Codes, help!

Custom Search

copier tech
08-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi all,

Need help with this one please, been to look at a C552 with c-2557 (K toner dens low) I fitted a new K IU & toner as per the manual but no change. In service mode looked the K toner density level it was around 3%, Magenta & Yellow were at around 7%, Cyan was also low at around 4%.

So I manually added black toner (taking some out of the toner bottle & pouring it into the K dev unit, not ideal I know) to bring up the density level & this worked, K density went to around 7-8% however now the machine threw a C-2551 error, Cyan density low, so I did the same manually added Cyan toner, now all the levels are around 7% & the machine is working fine, however on a 100 full colour run all the levels drop & down & don't seem to go back up, even if I run manual toner add in service mode!

What should the toner density levels show, around 5%???

Manual says possible faulty PRCB, anyone seen this before????

laitang
08-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Do check toner suply motor/K and toner cartridge motor C/K ?

copier tech
08-27-2014, 06:44 PM
How can I check them? I wouldn't expect both motors to fail at the same time.

xscotty1990
08-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Hello,

i would also take a look at the toner supply Motor for BK/C. As i remind there is only one Motor for both Colors (C,BK) and two clutches ,one for Cyan one and black Toner.

So you can Change the Motor from the Magenta and Yellow Toner Supply with the mtor for Cyan and black.

copier tech
08-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks, the service manual shows there are 4 motors (one for each colour) but the parts manual only lists this one section, are the 4 toner supply units identical?

xscotty1990
08-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Exactly,

but the " bottledrivesection " has only two Motors.

Dont know if the Toner Supply Assys all identical but you can Change the whole Supply Assy very fast.

Greetings

Scotty

Synaux
08-30-2014, 05:02 AM
The hopper units (that is what I call them¿) are interchangeable units as far as I know.
As far as the motors go, I am not sure. Compare the part numbers once you get em out (I took a quick look at the parts manual; however I have my beer goggles on...)

Naturally, the CMYK units would need to be thoroughly cleaned--I recommend an air compressor if you do not want to completely tear them down (but that is probably best).

Is this machine in a humid/unsavory environment?

Also, it is my understanding that the manual toner addition option (I forget exactly what it is called) supplies a very little amount of toner, so do not depend on that.

copier tech
08-30-2014, 12:59 PM
The machine is in a very good environment.

I do remember shaking the cyan toner bottle & could hear a slight rattle, i'm now wondering if some hard toner has go into the cyan bottle drive unit & either blocked or damaged the motor, but don't understand why the m/c throws the C2257 K toner dens low error first.

copier tech
09-25-2014, 06:41 PM
I have got this machine up & running now, I swapped the complete hopper ass'y (all for colours) & the PRCB from an working C552, when I powered up the machine I could hear the K toner motor run & I watched the K toner % reading go back to normal.

I ordered a new PRCB for the machine I took it from but it was different, it had some connections missing! see pictures below.

I ordered A2WUH00101 (got from the parts manual)

But the part number on the failed board was A0P0H00100

Both parts number are definitely correct & both for the C552, but why does one not fit! Aggghh??

CompyTech
09-25-2014, 06:51 PM
I have got this machine up & running now, I swapped the complete hopper ass'y (all for colours) & the PRCB from an working C552, when I powered up the machine I could hear the K toner motor run & I watched the K toner % reading go back to normal.

I ordered a new PRCB for the machine I took it from but it was different, it had some connections missing! see pictures below.

I ordered A2WUH00101 (got from the parts manual)

But the part number on the failed board was A0P0H00100

Both parts number are definitely correct & both for the C552, but why does one not fit! Aggghh??

A2WUH00101 is for the mono 552 engine. Not compatible with the color C552... A0P0H00102 < (this is the number you need).

copier tech
09-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Thankyou for this info, I wondered what I was doing wrong!

Don't suppose you want to buy this board off me by any chance lol

CompyTech
09-25-2014, 07:15 PM
lol Sorry! Our parts manager wouldn't allow.. If you ordered through KMBS I think they charge a restock fee if returned. Although you might be able to file a warranty claim on it.:cool:

Custom Search