PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about expanding service to include Minolta.

Custom Search

campy
09-02-2014, 07:49 PM
My service company is looking to expand our customer base to include Minolta and would like to know from anybody if the parts are more expensive and what are the weaknesses on the line. I have been told most things can only be purchased as assemblies and cost a lot. How are the electronics and fuser assemblies? We currently service mostly Canon and some Kyocera.

mbcruzin
09-04-2014, 04:18 PM
My service company is looking to expand our customer base to include Minolta and would like to know from anybody if the parts are more expensive and what are the weaknesses on the line. I have been told most things can only be purchased as assemblies and cost a lot. How are the electronics and fuser assemblies? We currently service mostly Canon and some Kyocera.

I also Work for a multiline Copier Dealer. Konica Minolta is our main line. Along with Canon, Ricoh, Sharp, and Samsung. Minolta is a solid Box with minimal electronic issues. However with that being sad. When an issue arises they tend to be....... complicated and time consuming. Minolta offers great support in resolving said issues as long as you are trained on the equipment. I would also warn you to stay away from the small A4 color series. They tend to become money pits quickly and your margins for profit are slim ( because of the cost of the units ).

habik
09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Happy with KM. Low maintenance. Training recommended and as said above!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
09-05-2014, 01:18 AM
I also Work for a multiline Copier Dealer. Konica Minolta is our main line. Along with Canon, Ricoh, Sharp, and Samsung. Minolta is a solid Box with minimal electronic issues. However with that being sad. When an issue arises they tend to be....... complicated and time consuming. Minolta offers great support in resolving said issues as long as you are trained on the equipment. I would also warn you to stay away from the small A4 color series. They tend to become money pits quickly and your margins for profit are slim ( because of the cost of the units ).

I can't improve on that. KM does maintain excellent CQ, with minimal calibration. =^..^=

wseyller
09-05-2014, 01:28 AM
They are good on warranty returns when fuser and image units don't make at least 80% life. Also if you call into to support and create a ticket for a problem, they may recommend a part. So for example you purchase a $1000 board and it does not correct the issue you can return it easy.

MFPTech
09-05-2014, 02:50 PM

There is no such a thing as Minolta anymore, Minolta merged with Konica in 2004 and the product is now called KonicaMinolta or Konica for short. Back to your question, IMHO cheap machines, great color, but very labour intensive, not for average techs and no tech support unless you are trained on that specific model.
In your situation i would keep pushing Canon.

habik
09-05-2014, 04:02 PM
There is no such a thing as Minolta anymore, Minolta merged with Konica in 2004 and the product is now called KonicaMinolta or Konica for short. Back to your question, IMHO cheap machines, great color, but very labour intensive, not for average techs and no tech support unless you are trained on that specific model.
In your situation i would keep pushing Canon.

Labour intensive if you have difficult problem, I would re-frase that as time consuming :)

Agree Not for average techs :)

Custom Search