PDA

View Full Version : C284 Jam Code 3201

Custom Search

PaperCut
09-02-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm having problem on one of my copier C284 when making a print or copy with 2 sided it jam. But when I do just a single side only, print or copy has no problem. It jam on paper exit section, so far i change the SD3, PS40 ,PS3, and M5.
someone seen this problem.

laitang
09-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Try and check:
- Switchback motor M4
- Paper exit clutch

Arez
09-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Registration sensor PS1 + registration actuator and spring!

xscotty1990
09-03-2014, 10:35 AM
I also put some Scotch tape on the Lever of the Solenoid SD3 to make the entrance guide of the Duplex assy working better.

Helped us on two machines with this jam-code.

greetings

Issac-brock
01-29-2015, 12:18 AM
I am having the same issue on two C284e series machines. The first one was an easy fix as we had a loaner onsite and simply swapped out the reversal unit. Didn't have time to troubleshoot further.

Today I ran into the second machine. The paper exits out the exit section and jams into the finisher transport unit instead of being diverted to the inverter section. The switchback solenoid on both machines works fine in test mode but fails to actuate on duplex copies. I assumed timing of the PS3 sensor so I replaced it (with a different part # interrupter) but same issue occurs. I disassembled the solenoid and gate assy of the exit section, confident it is fine. I'm sure it is the reversal unit but not sure why.I will order the correct PS3 and PS40 but seeing other posts having done the same I winder what the true fix may be.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Colin

Issac-brock
03-10-2015, 02:03 AM
Fixed it today. Was the spring on the exit guide flap. Spring looked fine but by cutting it in half the guide doesn't have to travel as far anymore. I had removed the cushions as well so now every time it engages I can hear it snap against the plastic. Simple fix but hard to figure out.
:)

blackcat4866
03-11-2015, 01:25 AM
Fixed it today. Was the spring on the exit guide flap. Spring looked fine but by cutting it in half the guide doesn't have to travel as far anymore. I had removed the cushions as well so now every time it engages I can hear it snap against the plastic. Simple fix but hard to figure out.

Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

KARMA10
02-25-2016, 03:30 AM

Was the flap and spring on the exit unit or the reverse unit. which # in the parts manual are you referring to? I has swapped the exit unit from another machine and it took care of the issue. I tried the bulletin putting the 3mm Mylar on the frame of SD3 with no luck. and resorted to swapping the unit with another C284. What page of the parts manual would these parts be on that you are referring too. Thanks!!

KARMA10
02-25-2016, 01:16 PM

What guide and what spring?320073200832009

KARMA10
02-25-2016, 09:32 PM
320153201632017What spring and what guide are you referring to. I tried the 3mm Mylar mod with no good results. I did have the same J-code and swapped out the exit unit witch had taken care of the problem on that box. Thanks!

Issac-brock
05-06-2016, 10:43 PM
320153201632017What spring and what guide are you referring to. I tried the 3mm Mylar mod with no good results. I did have the same J-code and swapped out the exit unit witch had taken care of the problem on that box. Thanks!

Sorry for the late response....part # 20 on the -exit-.jpg! Although I recently replaced a new machine that was jamming all over the right hand side including this phenomenon as well. May have been a bent frame or something. Four hours with only 32 pages printed. Had it pulled. Terrible.

Custom Search