PDA

View Full Version : BH C451 fuser reset fuse not resetting or blowing the fuse

Custom Search

Desert Rat
09-03-2014, 02:17 AM
I am having trouble getting this to reset. This BH C451 is branded an Oce CM4521. If that matters.
I've only had a couple of calls on this unit so I don't know if the drums have been chipped.
The black copy is not perfect but I got it through the auto gradation adjustment.
It also show an oil can and an "!" real small on the screen. The ! gave me three warning messages
2 about toner being low and the other about the fuser needing to be reset or replaced.
I replaced the fuse, or I stuck it inside with the other one. I can see the leads of the fuse I installed
extend past the solder joint or crimp of the old fuse. The new fuse I am using is for the BH C353. I'm
not sure if that matters.
Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

DR

copier tech
09-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Are you sure you are using the correct fuse AMP?

Are you soldering the fuse to the original one or cutting the old one out?

Desert Rat
09-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Copier tech,
I have not cut the old one out. I shoved the leads of the new fuse into each end of the old fuse.
The fuse I'm using is for the BH C353. I've done this on a C353 and it worked fine.
Are those fuses the same? The life counter for the fuser is maxed out.
Someone mentioned it could be that the other messages (oil can & "!") that is preventing the reset.
Also the black copy is not perfect, but I was able to get it to complete the auto gradation adjustment.

Thanks for the reply

DR

emujo
09-03-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't know if the c353 fuse will work on the 451, but if someone verifies that it will work, but the fuser still won't show "new" then you probably have a bad Printer Control Board. Check for 24vdc going to the fuse, if not present, then you will never blow the fuse. Your other option is to install the PPLM firmware and associated softswitches. This will not reset the fuser, but it will allow the MFP to run with unlimited copies on the consumables. I believe the x-fer belts and IUs won't reset with unresolved P codes, but the fuser will. Emujo

acusso1234
09-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi. I'm pretty sure that fuse is the same. P codes are the matter.

Desert Rat
09-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Thank you for the info, I will take carre of the "P" code and see if that will reset the
Fuser counter.

Thanks again

DR

Custom Search