PDA

View Full Version : Feed Rollers.

Custom Search

cmpelser
09-03-2014, 04:48 PM
why aren't feed rollers included in maintenance kit? (most of them)
Our SLA's are calculated for toner and maintenance kits. my boss refuses to order "extra" parts.
... don't know exactly how to explain it...
also, when there is a service bulletin on a improved part... Why must we pay for it???

yakyitz
09-03-2014, 06:27 PM
I can only answer as to why the rollers are not part of the maint kits. The maint kits are set scheduled to be installed at 600k whereas the rollers are rated to last for 150k. Therefore the machine will request maintenance for each tray on it's own before the total copy count will reach the 600k.

jmaister
09-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Our SLA's are calculated for toner and maintenance kits. my boss refuses to order "extra" parts.
also, when there is a service bulletin on a improved part... Why must we pay for it???

That's not exactly KM/CS problem is it.

Rule of thumb is, when yo Boss is either unwilling to buy, no budget, moving money around, cheap, special circumstances etc..

Macguyver theme song comes on, its not your fault. But look around for older style rollers and see if the inner diameter is the same. All you need is grip difference between feed and retard.

one example, i have a 2530 with alphard retard tire on it(double checked grip direction). Not proud of it, but it works.

ClarkIR
09-03-2014, 07:31 PM

Some Maintenance kits do have rollers, like Falcon 3 and Falcon 2s

Also you dont have to pay for those parts, you can utilize kyocera's warranty system if it fails before scheduled replacement on new equipment.

Tonerkiller
09-04-2014, 01:59 PM
The ports have their own PM it is 150k.

GUNit
09-04-2014, 02:50 PM
The ports have their own PM it is 150k.

these tyres are s..t and are not covered by warranty. they should be in the maintenance kits as they will be needed at 600k. we use Konica tyres which work so much better. sometimes you have to look beyond the flat spots and premature wearing and ask why this is happening. its happening because Kyocera have so many other problems in that feed area such as separator spring tensions and really bad clutches. if you feed from tray 3 or 4 on a taskalfa 8000i take tray 1 out and you will see tray 1 feeds turning ever so slightly, just touch them and they will stop but its still not right. if the alfard range was any good why bring out the updated version alfard 2? it was updated for a reason to save face. don't see Kyocera rushing to change all of our version 1,s for version 2,s but come the time for a customer to upgrade from a version 1 to another Kyocera box- good luck, another customer lost!

jmaister
09-04-2014, 04:25 PM
these tyres are s..t and are not covered by warranty. they should be in the maintenance kits as they will be needed at 600k. we use Konica tyres which work so much better. sometimes you have to look beyond the flat spots and premature wearing and ask why this is happening. its happening because Kyocera have so many other problems in that feed area such as separator spring tensions and really bad clutches. if you feed from tray 3 or 4 on a taskalfa 8000i take tray 1 out and you will see tray 1 feeds turning ever so slightly, just touch them and they will stop but its still not right. if the alfard range was any good why bring out the updated version alfard 2? it was updated for a reason to save face. don't see Kyocera rushing to change all of our version 1,s for version 2,s but come the time for a customer to upgrade from a version 1 to another Kyocera box- good luck, another customer lost!

Its way better than Saturn, everything was wrong with that series.(dont bring up voyager). I'm just glad the drums and dlps are better.

ClarkIR
09-04-2014, 05:47 PM

im sorry you are frustrated, all I can say is I hope your company has built enough profit into its maintenance rates to cover situations like this.

CompyTech
09-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Sorry but feed rollers don't cost that much money, and are a simple maintenance item compared to changing other parts in PM kits. You can get by not doing PMs and just replace when break, Ok that's fine that's on you. If your company is too cheap to buy feed rollers, that's a personal problem.

I can assure you if a customer is paying for a service agreement that covers parts and labor, and you don't replace parts, IF they find out. That is a legal issue. Also another way to lose business.

If you don't want to replace parts becuase of thin profit margins, then you need to GTFO out of the service game IMO. Sorry do not mean to sound rude, but that just grinds my gears.

monstott2010
09-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Sorry but feed rollers don't cost that much money, and are a simple maintenance item compared to changing other parts in PM kits. You can get by not doing PMs and just replace when break, Ok that's fine that's on you. If your company is too cheap to buy feed rollers, that's a personal problem.

I can assure you if a customer is paying for a service agreement that covers parts and labor, and you don't replace parts, IF they find out. That is a legal issue. Also another way to lose business.

If you don't want to replace parts becuase of thin profit margins, then you need to GTFO out of the service game IMO. Sorry do not mean to sound rude, but that just grinds my gears.

Agree with CT on this one... if buying rollers is going to break the bank, the bank is already broke... cleaning rollers with some good rejuvenator will extend the life, but at some point, they need to be replaced... what is more expensive, a few bucks on rollers or paying for multiple trips for a tech to go work on the machine again and again.....

GUNit
09-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Agree with CT on this one... if buying rollers is going to break the bank, the bank is already broke... cleaning rollers with some good rejuvenator will extend the life, but at some point, they need to be replaced... what is more expensive, a few bucks on rollers or paying for multiple trips for a tech to go work on the machine again and again.....

think you missed the point here. my problem doesn't lie with buying the rollers or any of the other useless parts Kyocera supply, my problem lies with the quality of the rollers. why have a machine with a service interval of 600k and a feed tyre that is spec<d for 150k??? its a bit like putting your car in for a service every 10000 miles only to be told you have to go back every 2000 miles to get the spark plugs changed. you wouldn't want to do that and the customer certainly doesn't want to see the engineer on site changing crappy little feed tyres. this is what grinds my gears!!!!

ClarkIR
09-15-2014, 12:05 PM
think you missed the point here. my problem doesn't lie with buying the rollers or any of the other useless parts Kyocera supply, my problem lies with the quality of the rollers. why have a machine with a service interval of 600k and a feed tyre that is spec<d for 150k??? its a bit like putting your car in for a service every 10000 miles only to be told you have to go back every 2000 miles to get the spark plugs changed. you wouldn't want to do that and the customer certainly doesn't want to see the engineer on site changing crappy little feed tyres. this is what grinds my gears!!!!

Well if you have a guy who is selling copiers under the premise the Rollers last for 600k then that's still not Kyocera s fault. You just sound upset because you have to do Some work. This really isn't that big of a deal.

CompyTech
09-15-2014, 12:23 PM
The newer taskalfas feed tire life is 150k give or take, Usually alot less.. From what I've seen the quality of paper being feed has some bearing on this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tonerkiller
09-15-2014, 05:51 PM

These tires ARE covered under the warranty. If you are getting flat spots on the sep roller, Warranty the whole feed unit.

Custom Search