PDA

View Full Version : BH c284e connected to Jamex and CAT <credit> Card reader. Dispesing more copies then

Custom Search

BizTech
09-03-2014, 05:57 PM
(Thread title mistake 284e)

Hello im setting up an account that has 3 284e machines with Jamex 6557 and cat cards connected.

My Initial problem was when the Jamex runs out of funds, it would send the stop copy pulse. Which would shut down the copier mid copy and jamed it with a 9902 code. This has been resolved by changing switch 35 bit 1 to 1 which is the graceful exit mode. So now the machine finishes the copy process.

But i found out a few days later that the copier is dispensing extra copies. So if the customer pays for 10 copies but selects 20 copies on the copy screen of the copier. when the jamex runs out of funds it sends the stop pulse to the copier. Which instead of jamming finishes the current copy, but then continues to print out 4 more pages <since it doesn't want to jam the next couple>. So the customer can pay for 14 or so copies and get their 20.

I currently have the machine set up as Key counter only in device management functions, and it is set to pulse at paper feed. Konica SSD doesn't have any idea of other bit switch settings, they didnt even know about the graceful exit mode, I had to get that from Jamex. And Jamex doesnt have a working knowledge of the e series machines. Any one have any suggestions? Anything would be helpful, this is a trial run of 30 machines <these 3 being key> to hopefully get us the whole campus of about 500 machines.

oldschool
09-23-2014, 08:52 PM
I worked with BizTech on this and I just wanted to follow up on the solution.
It looks like the "key counter I F Vendor" option should be used with a vending device and not just "Key counter". You may still need DIP SW 35 bit 0 set to 1 to prevent the copier from stopping when the money runs out.

emujo
09-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Just in case you think no one is listening, thanks for the post and the follow up. Emujo

BizTech
10-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Hello thanks for the input guys. <sorry been busy and kinda forgot to update> You are correct, finally got some one who knows what is what in Konica and that is the right way to set it up <of course they have no documentation on how to install a Jamex>. Thanks for all your help again OldSchool!

speedtek
10-20-2014, 02:54 PM
I would also like to extend my thanks - this is the only useful bit of information I was able to find for a Jamex install we're doing right now. It gave me exactly what I needed.

oldschool
10-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Good to hear this information helped you out.
I just wanted to mention that there are to types of vending settings when it comes to Jamex. The Key counter interface as described in this post and the Vendor 2 setting. If you're looking at a connector that's more than 4 pins, It's a vendor 2 connection.
Remember, you can always call/email Jamex if needed.

emujo
02-20-2015, 09:24 PM
We just had the same issue with 2 e series MFPs. Turned out that Bizhub Secure was causing the issue. Tried all the other stuff posted 1st and new jamex boards but only getting rid of bizhub secure solved it. For now we are not putting the feature back on. Emujo

BizTech
02-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Doesnt bizhub secure just make working on them so much easier ??? Just had to do an mfp clear on an e series and added 3 hours in formats and other processes.

Custom Search