PDA

View Full Version : BH C454e runs without making copy or prints

Custom Search

Desert Rat
09-04-2014, 09:33 PM
I have not seen this machine yet, but I will tomorrow. I'm told that this machine can be heard running when no one was using it.
It just starts to run the motor.
I assume it's the main drive motor, but like I mentioned, I have not seen this unit yet.
I'm told there are no messages on the control panel at this time.

Is there a tech letter on this or has someone else seen this happen?

Thanks

DR

wseyller
09-05-2014, 01:23 AM
It is the fuser motor. It is normal to run during standby to rotate the fuser rollers occasionally. Only complaints I hear is when they start squeaking.

EarthKmTech
09-05-2014, 09:41 AM
ALL 4 series machines continue to operate the fusing motor at idle for a certain period of time. The fusing drive unit itself and the exit roller drive clutch inside it can become noisy and cause customer complaints (in quiet environments). If either of these are the issue, just replace the fusing drive assembly. It will happen again eventually anyway unless you set low power mode to a very minimal setting. We have had to do this for some ultra anal customers that cant tolerate the slightest sound interrupting their "important" work...

Changing the fuser drive assembly is even more difficult than the C451/C452 series.

Early versions of the fusing unit were susceptible to making knocking noises too, but if its an E it should not have an effected fuser.

Desert Rat
09-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks EarthKmTech & wseyller for the quick reply, I will check the sleep mode
setting today. Someone may have changed it.
This info was relayed to me by the sales guy.

This unit has the FS534 fin on it and the set stopper does not stop in the home position.
It stops a little forward and the sets miss the stapling position and don't get stapled.
First we found that one of the 2 encoder plates broke off the shaft. Another tech did
A quick fix and taped it back on till we got the part. I noticed that it has 2 one-way bearings
In the assembly. So for good measure we ordered those too.

I have looked through the book but did not find a removal procedure.
How does it come out? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help

DR

Custom Search