PDA

View Full Version : Jamming MX-5112N jams at secondary transfer belt

Custom Search

phil_copier_guy
09-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi all, Ive started working on the sharp 5112n and have a problem that I'm not sure about.
the copier will jam say 1 copy in every 100 or so and it looks like the paper is sticking to the secondary transfer belt and not releasing to then go through the fuser assembly hence causing a jam.
This only seems to occur on the second side of a double sided copy. never on a single sided copy.
the paper seems to follow the secondary transfer belt until it hits the plastic behind the transfer belt assembly.
Any ideas or tips on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in anticipation,
Phil

bilyahn
09-05-2014, 10:18 AM
What have you checked or done so far?

ntbann
09-05-2014, 01:25 PM
How many clicks are on the box? What does the jam map show for the sensor it stopped on?

draph
09-05-2014, 02:49 PM
On the print that jams, is the registration proper?

phil_copier_guy
09-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the quick replies,
the copier has done about 100k black and the same colour.
I have cleaned all the paper path rollers, cleaned the fuser entrance guides, cleaned the secondary transfer belt, also thoughout the call cleaned all the process areas ie dev units and drum units, primary transfer section. everything really.
Registration is good ( not late ).
I am wondering if it is down to paper stock.
Regards,
Phil

phil_copier_guy
09-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the replies, went in today and finally fixed it.
Turned out to be the metal fuser entrance guide had been installed incorrectly by a previous engineer. the left hand side of the guide was virtually touching the fuser roller whilst the right hand side was flush with the black plastic fuser casing. :)

Custom Search