PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 364e fax issue

Custom Search

emujo
09-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Fax can send all day long, anything over 1 page (RX) results in "protocol error" Usually R09. Will print out 1st page, hang up and print out 1st 1/3 or so of second page. Had Verizon out to ensure phone line is up to par and verify not digital or VOIP. Replaced fax, same issue, replaced HDD, same issue. Update to G9, no help. I have tried various settings including lowering comm speeds, ECM on/off, different coding (mh mr...). I can hear the line disconnecting after the 2nd pages starts to receive. Put a old Toshiba fax for testing and of course it receives just fine. Put a office depot POS and no issues. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Emujo

occus
09-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Every job makes a protocoll error? (with more then 1 sheet) on sending or by receiving? R09=receiving but you wrote "send all day long"

Is it a Environment problem or only a machine problem? can you test the machine on a other line?
Or switch the machine?
Can you hear noise on the Fax speaker? there was a bugfix with firmware... but on older firmware...

the only thing what i have is the advise for digital lines...
Had a c452 withe problems and there was not a digital line, but it helps... not perfect but better receiving, maybe 5-10 /100 fails.

Service Mode
==> FAX Settings
==> Communication
==> Protocol set "ON" the "V.29 EP Tone" Protocol
and set "OFF" all other faster protocolls.
2. From Service Mode
==> FAX Settings
==> Communication
==> Others we have set "OFF" the "ECM Function"
3. From Service Mode
==> FAX Settings
==> Function Parameter
==> Address "000e0012 = 01111000
(Hex 78 = 120 sec)
(T1 Timer for Calling)
4. From Service Mode
==> FAX Settings
==> Function Parameter
==> Address "000e0013 = 01111000
(Hex 78 = 120 sec).
(T1 Timer for Called)
5. From Service Mode
==> System 2
==> Software Switch
==> SoftSwitch 21 Bit5 =1
(HEX 20 = over 4.5 sec)
(T4 Waiting time between start Identification)
Note:

wseyller
09-09-2014, 02:28 AM
Not much help from me but I had this on a new install on an 224e. Replaced a C220. This customer has a fax server and with many fax machines. They have always had problems with faxes on KM machines. The IT guy told me the C220 has been having problems hoping maybe the new machine would work better. Sends good but kept getting the R09 on receive. In my case after just rebooting the copier it started working just fine and has now for a week so far. No default settings were change. But I will say KM fax and digit lines = chaos. Were also a dealer for Muratec and those machines work like a champ when it comes to faxing. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a simple Muratec fax machine kick KM's ($1000 fax card) ass in faxing. In fact we have supplied Muratec loaners at times until we can get the KM fax card to work in a particular environment.

jnoguera
03-05-2019, 03:13 PM
i had this problem in two km (C654e,bizhub 308e) and after this solution run very well, thanks a lot.

allan
03-05-2019, 03:33 PM
If all else fail unset HDD to access format SSD.
Sure it must be a parameter issue.

Custom Search