PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Kyocera FS-C8520/25 MFP F246 code

Custom Search

Delfi
09-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Does anyone Knows The F246 code that appeared on dipsaly Of FS-C8520/25 MFP what is about and how can I reset it ?
Thank You in advance for your assistance.

laitang
09-08-2014, 01:32 PM
From SM:
System Error (Fxxxx) Outline
It may be from the hardware factor while the error (Fxxx) is indicated.

Please initially check the following.
- Check the DDR2 memory and neighboring parts:
- Check the contact of YS1 or YS2 with the memory. Replace the memory if the error repeats.
- Check the HDD if the error repeats after replacing the main board.
- Take care, however, of handling the data when formatting or replacing the HDD.
- Check the HDD : Replace the HDD if the error repeats after formatting the HDD.

Delfi
09-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Thank You For the Advice I ll Check

JVergin
09-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Some of those F codes, F248 and F278 in particular, are mostly caused by corrupt print data generally printed from internet explorer. I've seen a few other random F codes caused by this too. If you power cycle the machine without the network cable plugged in and it doesn't code, someone needs to go around to each PC connected and make sure there are no jobs in the queue. Once all pending jobs are deleted, reboot copier, and ask customer to use Chrome or Firefox to avoid that problem in the future.

copymech
09-08-2014, 09:01 PM
It also happens with chrome. If you can get to the status screen before the error you may be able to identify the offender

Delfi
09-09-2014, 03:06 AM
Thank you all of you for the advice.
However, when the machine starts (without the network cable) the F246 code is still there and I can do nothing. I tried to upgrade with the latest firmware but the code is still there.It does not allow me even to enter to the service mode (1087). What the next step can be? thank you again.

Custom Search