PDA

View Full Version : Konica C451 ISW

Custom Search

Rolandito
09-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Hello Everyone..

I am trying to update firmware using ISW on Konica C451,,Because I can not update by cf card (Invalid Card).
I am using my laptop . I created a local FTP server using Filezilla..Laptop and machine are connected by a crossover cable.
I can not get to connect machine to ftp server.. it gets error 0x000039...locally the ftp server is running ok.
Is anybody has experience doing this...
Thanks

emujo
09-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Too much trouble, find a hex editor tool on the web, many are free, overwrite the card and this will effectively make it new. What you want to avoid is when your laptop reads the card for the 1st time, it's going to want to format it for you. Once this happens the card will not work correctly for the image tool kit to work. Emujo

Rolandito
09-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Too much trouble, find a hex editor tool on the web, many are free, overwrite the card and this will effectively make it new. What you want to avoid is when your laptop reads the card for the 1st time, it's going to want to format it for you. Once this happens the card will not work correctly for the image tool kit to work. Emujo

Thanks emujo..could you explain me better how to overwrite the card... I downloaded HxD software.. but I dont know how to operate.
Thanks

emujo
09-08-2014, 09:06 PM
There should be an option to overwrite the card with 1/0's. That's all you need to do, the windows format will be gone, and the card should now work with the toolkit. Emujo

Rolandito
09-08-2014, 09:39 PM
There should be an option to overwrite the card with 1/0's. That's all you need to do, the windows format will be gone, and the card should now work with the toolkit. Emujo

Hi Emujo I made what you say I changed all to 00 at cf card...then I used Firmware tool kit .. but there is the same error in Machina ( Card Invalid)
I was Reading in all active solutions
Description

Instead of 128MB CF cards to update thefirmware, can1GB or 512MB CF cards be used to program the MFP?

Solution

Only the 128MB CF card (p/n 7660 4036 01) is compatible.Please see attached photoas reference.

SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Mark D'Attilio/Cesar Jimenez/Ian Lynch, Production Print/SSD

EarthKmTech
09-08-2014, 11:11 PM
if the isw error is to do with not being able to connect to the server, try a switch/hub between laptop and mfp . on reboot the mfp network port momentarily disconnects and some laptops do not bring their network ports back up in time when the machine tries to connect to the ftp server. A hub/switch in between will prevent this being an issue - at my previous employer this was the only way i could ever get it to work with the laptops we had there.

I am of course assuming you have prepared the firmware file correctly for use with ISW.

and BTW, if its a large step upgrade it wont work through isw anyway, it has to be the same "phase" version.

naidarom
09-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Just a little question. Are you able to print over the ethernet cable?! If so, you'll have to double check your ftp server settings. Now, if not, you'll need a router to make things work for you. Here is how I made it few days ago: Created a ftp server with 'Cerberus 7.0', decompressed the 'Mosel3_cf.tar.gz' with 7Zip, pointed the ISW to my server, and all worked well. No problem to update.. But after that process, my Utility/Counter shows nothing but #4 (Check Consumable Life).. I don't know if it's a bad ROM. I hope it does not happen to you.. good luck..

Synaux
09-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Just buy a new CF card--if you go with sandisk be sure to get the "shoot and store" flavor look here (http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-128MB-Shoot-Store-Card/dp/B000COZ248). (And do not format it!)

Custom Search