PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C452 with some unusual problems

Custom Search

blackcat4866
09-09-2014, 01:52 AM
This was a truly fun call. Like most service calls I got a very poor description of the problems:
1) All pages register as legal when using DF.
2) Won't staple.

1) Well not all pages registered as legal. The DF tray precisely identified the correct original size and handled originals correctly, copying them to the correct size paper. So when does it happen? Only when using the eCopy scanning solution ... while feeding LTR-R originals. If you feed LTR originals it incorrectly identifies all the originals as LGR. Now that helps narrow things down. While experimenting, it started to jam the eCopy originals J66-05, pointing me right to the registration sensor PS3, and the covering of paper dust on it.

2) Well sure it won't staple, but what about the C11B2 error flashing on the screen? (Stapler motor home error). I happened to have a stapler, which did not make any difference. All the voltages were there at the finisher controller. Like almost every time I get out the meter, 'I think this is a total waste of time. There is almost never a harness problem' ... except this time. Where the sheathed part of the stapler harness meets the main finisher harness there is a 4 pin connector just dangling there, waiting to be reattached. What do you suppose are the chances that the connector just came apart all by itself?

The interesting part is that the original detection problem only presented using eCopy, and that the wiring harness came apart all by itself. And that this machine was moved to this location in June, and is just now getting fixed. =^..^=

methogod
09-09-2014, 03:45 AM
best post ever - no problem just answers....

habik
09-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I hope my post will cheer you up! I had stapler issues as well and it was a lousy connection on Photo-interrupter which was properly plugged in and it was switching in I/0 check. Yet the same PS failed day later in I/0 check as it remained ON for lucky few minutes when it meant to be OFF. Luckily for me as I was going few hours in circles, see my post on 754 + FS535 C1106. Simple unplug and plug in did the trick. Corroded/bad contact in terminals was very likely and managed to trick the finisher PWB logics to Let you know you have forgot to shut the finisher door even it was fully shut. All I can say is "Viva la Resistance"

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

JSC
09-09-2014, 09:59 PM
This was a truly fun call. Like most service calls I got a very poor description of the problems:
1) All pages register as legal when using DF.
2) Won't staple.

1) Well not all pages registered as legal. The DF tray precisely identified the correct original size and handled originals correctly, copying them to the correct size paper. So when does it happen? Only when using the eCopy scanning solution ... while feeding LTR-R originals. If you feed LTR originals it incorrectly identifies all the originals as LGR. Now that helps narrow things down. While experimenting, it started to jam the eCopy originals J66-05, pointing me right to the registration sensor PS3, and the covering of paper dust on it.

2) Well sure it won't staple, but what about the C11B2 error flashing on the screen? (Stapler motor home error). I happened to have a stapler, which did not make any difference. All the voltages were there at the finisher controller. Like almost every time I get out the meter, 'I think this is a total waste of time. There is almost never a harness problem' ... except this time. Where the sheathed part of the stapler harness meets the main finisher harness there is a 4 pin connector just dangling there, waiting to be reattached. What do you suppose are the chances that the connector just came apart all by itself?

The interesting part is that the original detection problem only presented using eCopy, and that the wiring harness came apart all by itself. And that this machine was moved to this location in June, and is just now getting fixed. =^..^=

This had to be at a school, or some other government dept.......you never get the full story at those places, and there is always someone on site who thinks. ' no don't phone the engineer, I'll fix it'......wankers!!!

blackcat4866
09-10-2014, 03:13 AM
I hope my post will cheer you up! I had stapler issues as well and it was a lousy connection on Photo-interrupter which was properly plugged in and it was switching in I/0 check. Yet the same PS failed day later in I/0 check as it remained ON for lucky few minutes when it meant to be OFF. Luckily for me as I was going few hours in circles, see my post on 754 + FS535 C1106. Simple unplug and plug in did the trick. Corroded/bad contact in terminals was very likely and managed to trick the finisher PWB logics to Let you know you have forgot to shut the finisher door even it was fully shut. All I can say is "Viva la Resistance"

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

You know, that's why I don't care for I/O mode, or any other service mode that only displays 0 or 1, low or high. The meter can tell me that my 5vdc sensor is still changing state ... but only from 0.1v to 3.5v. Closer to 5v is always better. Congratulations on catching it. Intermittent problems like this can drive you crazy. =^..^=

Custom Search