PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C280 making clunking noise on idle

Custom Search

Alex1
09-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi,

I have a Konica Minolta C280 making clunking noise on idle after moving the machine. I'm trying to see what it is that rotates on idle to make the sound even sometime on the first print it would make the noise for 3 to 4 seconds then stop any ideas? Maybe what ever turns on idle is the problem?? Thanks in advance.

copier tech
09-09-2014, 08:02 AM
My first thought would be the fuser

minimerlin
09-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi,

I have a Konica Minolta C280 making clunking noise on idle after moving the machine. I'm trying to see what it is that rotates on idle to make the sound even sometime on the first print it would make the noise for 3 to 4 seconds then stop any ideas? Maybe what ever turns on idle is the problem?? Thanks in advance.Transfer belt cleaner coils seized...waste chute from it to the waste box is clogged up?

Alex1
09-09-2014, 08:33 AM
My first thought would be the fuser

That's what I thought but I removed the fuser and reseated it just incase and it still made the noise.

Alex1
09-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Transfer belt cleaner coils seized...waste chute from it to the waste box is clogged up?

Is that more likely what it can be? I also tried removing the ITB and reseating it back into place and still made noise. I didn't pull the ITB all the way out though.

is that what moves on idle?

copier tech
09-09-2014, 08:43 AM
The fuser is the only part that idles, the transfer doesn't

EarthKmTech
09-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Transfer belt DOES periodically move an increment at a time at idle.

if you have a blocked cleaning section and chute this will be exactly what it is,

minimerlin
09-09-2014, 08:49 PM
The fuser is the only part that idles, the transfer doesn'tSorry to be a pain but..it does!!:cool:

JSC
09-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Sorry to be a pain but..it does!!:cool:

i agree.

any noise reported on this model, my first port of call is the transfer belt cleaning assy & the waste Shute.

Alex1
09-09-2014, 11:34 PM
i agree.

any noise reported on this model, my first port of call is the transfer belt cleaning assy & the waste Shute.

thank you for your help I will give it a go in cleaning it out.

Alex1
09-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Transfer belt cleaner coils seized...waste chute from it to the waste box is clogged up?

thank you for your help I will give it a go in cleaning it out

Alex1
09-10-2014, 01:43 AM
i agree.

Just to confirm would I need to remove the ITB out and clean the the blade outlet? Also is the chute that leads from the ITB cleaner to the waste toner bottle in the front that needs to be cleaned?

EarthKmTech
09-10-2014, 12:13 PM
2 screws removes the whole cleaning section off the belt. vacuum it out and clean its exit port and make sure its not blocked.

the chute is at the front of the machine and removed via 1 screw at the front door. take note of its installation, if you've not done it before it may be "fun" to reinstall ;)

Custom Search