PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-4520

Custom Search

methogod
09-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Was happening when machine was at 280K on PM, and drums at the 150% (even though they are DU104's and prints looked good) i can tell it was starting to act up...
But to make it through the week i turned off auto registration as prints were still usable.

Did both PM kits - 100K and 200K, and All DV's and even replaced the black DV unit that was at 1.6million (i know shouldnt let it go that far)
Did all the adjustments... Cleared all counters, put the density's back to norm (as machine get past 100% we up the density to compensate)....
And turn Auto Registration back on...

Then later the same day ran 1st job with all new supplies - looks great.

Boom at 650 of 1000 pages (12x18 2 sided) Code trips - machine turns off...

C-4520

1st - if my colors are all good - and shutters open and close in I/O, where do i look next??

2nd - Can someone post or msg all relevant info from MKM on this code...

I do have a spare registration board assembly but i heard its impossible to replace with out go go gadget arms....

thanks,

Herrmann
09-10-2014, 11:06 PM
I do have a spare registration board assembly but i heard its impossible to replace with out go go gadget arms....

It is tricky, but it is not impossible, so go for excanging the sensor assy as next step, if you are sure, that the transfer belt is running smooth and not wobbling... only one screw to loosen and the connector is at the inner backside, but you can manage it without removing the Process Unit.
BTDT

laitang
09-14-2014, 08:54 AM
You should:
1/ Perform color Registration Adj. (in sm)
2/ Check Color registration sensor (front, rear)

blackcat4866
09-14-2014, 03:25 PM
These patch sensors are often neglected, because when you're in there servicing, the sensor is hidden under a protective shutter.

every time I have the primary transfer belt out, I take the time to swab out the patch sensors with a Q-tip. Maybe it's overkill, but I don't seem to have very many problems with them. =^..^=

Herrmann
09-14-2014, 06:31 PM
A word of a warning: never ever blow out the sensors with canned air, the static charge will kill them immedeatly.

Custom Search