PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-253 strong magenta background, spewing M + C developer.

Custom Search

Hansoon
09-10-2014, 07:59 PM
BH-C-253 strong magenta background, spewing M + C developer.

Remote customer sending me pictures of his BH-C-253. suddenly the machine started to produce prints with very heavy magenta background with at the same time smears of developer on the paper. I advised him to look at the drum units and both the magenta as well as the cyan unit are spewing developer in the rear third of the drum units. Black and yellow seems to be normal.

Any idea what could be wrong before I go that long way to the machine? HV board going down the drain?

Hans

emujo
09-10-2014, 08:52 PM
It looks like you have lost developer bias, I would come equipped with an HVT minimum, and probably a new set of IUs. $$$$ Emujo

minimerlin
09-10-2014, 09:26 PM
The Cyan and magenta drums do not look normal colour, are they non oem?

kingarthur
09-11-2014, 08:51 AM
this is a long shot, recently had same problem with a C203, what had happened, the rubber bit that runs around the edge of the transfer belt had come off & ended up wrapped around the drums in 2 of the image units, causing a similar problem, check if the drums turn easily in the IUs, I managed to save the IUs but the transfer belt had to be replaced

Hansoon
09-23-2014, 04:57 AM
Replaced the HV unit and kept the drum units. Seems to be OK for the moment. Thanks guys.

Hans

Custom Search