PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C451 Utility Buttons Missing

Custom Search

naidarom
09-11-2014, 06:02 AM
Hey guys. It's my first post here and I've tried to find any solution for this case, but no success! I own 2 KM, 1 C280 and, recently I bought 1 C451. The thing is that I live in Brazil and most of my employees just don't read english and I needed to update the firmware of the C451, so I could change its language to Portuguese just like I did on C280. Well, I contacted the guy who sold me the machine, asked him for the rom and updated it with ISW, and everything seemed to work fine. The problem is, when I go to Utility/Counter, I see only the #4 (Check Consumable Life) and nothing else. It was working well before the firmware update. Have you guys seen something like that before?! thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.!

emujo
09-11-2014, 01:18 PM
This is usually displayed when a job is ready to print, or is stuck (corrupt). Until the job is printed, or deleted, the remaining icons will not display. BTW have you touched the "language" icon? You can set any supported language from here. Emujo

laitang
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM
What's version of firmware you used? Filename ?

naidarom
09-11-2014, 07:43 PM
This is usually displayed when a job is ready to print, or is stuck (corrupt). Until the job is printed, or deleted, the remaining icons will not display. BTW have you touched the "language" icon? You can set any supported language from here. Emujo

Hi emujo, thank you for your answer. There is no jobs being printed or stuck in the machine. And yes, I've searched for Portugues language before update, but there was only 'English, Spanish, Japanese and French', no portuguese, so I asked the man who sold me the machine for any solution, and he told about this firmware and sent the file (A00H0Y0-8100-G00-J1-502_CHECK_SUM_664F.zip). I prepared the file to load it with ISW, and everything went well! No error messages, nothing. The machine restarted, but when I tried 'Utility/Counter>User Settings..' to change the language, there was nothing but #4 at the list. Have you seen something like that before?! Thank you.

naidarom
09-11-2014, 07:47 PM
What's version of firmware you used? Filename ?

hey laitang, thank you for answering! The file is 'A00H0Y0-8100-G00-J1-502_CHECK_SUM_664F.zip'. Is there a chance to be a corrupted ROM?! I asked the man who gave me this and all a got from him was: 'I never seen this before. Sorry, I don't know what to do'..

laitang
09-12-2014, 02:20 AM
... I asked the man who gave me this and all a got from him was: 'I never seen this before. Sorry, I don't know what to do'..

I am so!
I have MFP Controller firmware ver. K8
A00K0Y0-F000-G00-K8-303_CHECKSUM-A739

Did you want to try?

naidarom
09-12-2014, 03:32 AM
I am so!
I have MFP Controller firmware ver. K8
A00K0Y0-F000-G00-K8-303_CHECKSUM-A739

Did you want to try?

Well, I just tried it a few minutes ago.. I found this ROM you mentioned (and 2 more!! 0433 and B336) in a ftp server and exactly the same problem! 4 different ROMs and no positive results. I'm starting to think that it's an 'unsolvable issue' and not firmware related.. Just one more question. Is there some way to choose which options are displayed in the Utility/Counter menu?! Maybe in Service Mode.? Thank you again for the help, laitang.

Phrag
09-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Is all of this happening while it's plugged into the network?

Have you tried leaving it completely disconnected from the network? I only ask because I've had some strange occurences from faulty switches causing MFP lockups and the like.

Just a thought. Can only take a minute to try it and might save you hours of labour.

leo
09-12-2014, 01:08 PM
GPG-R6 is the latest firmware in portuguese, try this

naidarom
09-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Is all of this happening while it's plugged into the network?

Have you tried leaving it completely disconnected from the network? I only ask because I've had some strange occurences from faulty switches causing MFP lockups and the like.

Just a thought. Can only take a minute to try it and might save you hours of labour.

Thanks for your answer, Phrag. I disconnected the machine from network, left it all night long, restarted today morning, but no success.. This is sad! Really sad.. ..

naidarom
09-12-2014, 07:34 PM
GPG-R6 is the latest firmware in portuguese, try this

Thanks leo. I'd try it! But, unfortunately, I'm an end user so, I don't have access to the tech area of KM site.
Well, I think I'm ready to give up.. Thank you guys for all your disposal and patience. It was really very helpful.

Brischaffer
09-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Go into Service Mode and make sure that the HDD is installed.

naidarom
09-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Go into Service Mode and make sure that the HDD is installed.

Thank you, Brischaffer.. Already checked this and changed to "SET". It was "UNSET" first time I saw it, but still no success.. Maybe I'll try a "DATA CLEAR", but no sure if this will help or make things worst.. This thing is driving me nuts!!!!

habik
09-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Have you tried simple Trouble Reset?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

naidarom
09-14-2014, 12:29 AM
Have you tried simple Trouble Reset?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Hi habik, thank you for answering. Yes, actually, it was the first thing I tried when noticed the issue.. ..

Synaux
09-14-2014, 09:21 PM
And yes, I've searched for Portugues language before update, but there was only 'English, Spanish, Japanese and French', no portuguese, so I asked the man who sold me the machine for any solution, and he told about this firmware and sent the file (A00H0Y0-8100-G00-J1-502_CHECK_SUM_664F.zip).

With all the firmware you are installing, do you also have the pdfs that accompany them to check the check sums, and if you do, are you checking them??

Thank you, Brischaffer.. Already checked this and changed to "SET". It was "UNSET" first time I saw it, but still no success.. Maybe I'll try a "DATA CLEAR", but no sure if this will help or make things worst.. This thing is driving me nuts!!!!

If you set the HDD in Trouble Mode in service mode, then unset it.

Here are a few additional things:
Format the HDD
Test the HDD
Test the DIMM(s) (ram) in Service Mode (even better, test with a laptop with a compatible laptopp if you have one and use memtest86).
Take a look to see if there are any warnings/codes in the Counter menu in Service Mode.
Out of curiosity, do you have a Fiery installed?

When I see missing options on these machines, I tend to think NVRAM (in my experience); however, I have never seen your scenario (expect for maybe when the MFP is warming up/initializing). Therefore, you are looking at a code, nvram or a board. You are an end user, so you might have issues getting the NVRAM recovery tool (you also need a 128-256 unformatted CF card and card reader).

naidarom
09-14-2014, 11:00 PM
With all the firmware you are installing, do you also have the pdfs that accompany them to check the check sums, and if you do, are you checking them??

Thank you Synaux, you're a good person.. :) ..

Well, I do have the pdf files, but I didn't read them.. I'm an end user, owner of a small company and, absolutely, no knowledge about tech details. (I have also 1 mimaki CBJ30BS and 3 DUPLOs). I have some knowledge about internet and pcs, so, I want to try things, as I can't find someone here in my country who is able to help me.. The man who sold me the machine, sent me the ROM and said: 'It's really easy to do that! Absolutely!!'.. That's the reason I didn't read the pdf files..

If you set the HDD in Trouble Mode in service mode, then unset it.

Here are a few additional things:
Format the HDD
Test the HDD

I have here 'Physical and Logical' format. Which one should I try?

Test the DIMM(s) (ram) in Service Mode (even better, test with a laptop with a compatible laptopp if you have one and use memtest86).
Take a look to see if there are any warnings/codes in the Counter menu in Service Mode.
Out of curiosity, do you have a Fiery installed?

I'll make all the tests.. But, sincerely, I'm kinda hopeless about it. It was working fine before the update, and no error messages during the process.
What do you think about the 'DATA CLEAR' in Service Mode?.

When I see missing options on these machines, I tend to think NVRAM (in my experience); however, I have never seen your scenario (expect for maybe when the MFP is warming up/initializing). Therefore, you are looking at a code, nvram or a board. You are an end user, so you might have issues getting the NVRAM recovery tool (you also need a 128-256 unformatted CF card and card reader).

I found a Service Manual and couldn't find any info about this issue.

Another thing.. I might be wrong, but there is no place to put a CF card into the machine.. I opened the 'door' where it was supposed to have a card reader and all I saw is some pins to connect something. Do I have to buy a card reader to put in the machine?.

Thank you very much, Synaux. You are really very helpful..

If I did nothing wrong, this is a picture of the screen after the update..

Synaux
09-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Lots of stuff here

Thank you Synaux, you're a good person.. :) ..

Well, I do have the pdf files, but I didn't read them.. I'm an end user, owner of a small company and, absolutely, no knowledge about tech details. (I have also 1 mimaki CBJ30BS and 3 DUPLOs). I have some knowledge about internet and pcs, so, I want to try things, as I can't find someone here in my country who is able to help me.. The man who sold me the machine, sent me the ROM and said: 'It's really easy to do that! Absolutely!!'.. That's the reason I didn't read the pdf files..

If you open the pdf, it will give you the checksums that you can cross-reference to the picture you posted.

I have here 'Physical and Logical' format. Which one should I try?
Do physical then logical.

What do you think about the 'DATA CLEAR' in Service Mode?.
You will loose settings and I beleive history of jams, etc. At this point, I would say do it.

Another thing.. I might be wrong, but there is no place to put a CF card into the machine.. I opened the 'door' where it was supposed to have a card reader and all I saw is some pins to connect something. Do I have to buy a card reader to put in the machine?.

There is a metal panel you have to take off on the right side of the machine.
Look at page 21 under the section titled Standard Controller in the service manual. In fact, I would thoroughly read that entire section if I were you :)

Custom Search