PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera FS-C2126 MFP alignment issue

Custom Search

jonbonse
09-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Hi all

We have a FS-C2126 MFP which has the yellow approximately 5mm out of alignment to the left.

All the other colours are in the correct position.

Original call out was for black smudges which was from a worn black dev roller which marked the black drum and was arcing.

We installed new black dev, black drum and ITB and found that the yellow was out of alignment.

Running the alignment and calibration process has not resolved it. We have checked the ID cover and cleaned the ID sensors and run alignment again however still no fix.

We have also reinserted the old parts but the fault remains.

Please help!!!!

Zackuth
09-11-2014, 10:04 PM
I would first reseat the cyan/yellow laser connectors on the boards. Second, I would swap drums, I don't think this will work but it will rule out the drum. Then I would change the transfer belt, again, I don't think this is the issue but to rule out the belt. It sounds like you might have an issue with the yellow laser, which means replacing that.

Kyo fan
09-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Yep, FS-C2126MFP sux more than my gf, and that's saying a lot! (if you ever get to install the adjustment kit on it, and get it to work properly after, you will know what i meant).

Anyways, out of all the issues this model has, i never had much problem with adjusting color registration. There is a bulletin from January 2014. for this issue: 2KW-0044 (D271) that you need to check. It involves 2 firmware upgrades (regular and adjustment) and takes 2 usb sticks to complete. After that it takes some color registration adjustment after.

If i were you, i would 1st upgrade to the latest firmware and borrow a transfer belt from another working machine, than give it a go. I'm mentioning the belt cause calibration and alignment happens on it and i've seen it solve these issues on some printer only models. If it doesn't help try the method i mentioned above.

Good luck.

tmaged
09-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Agree with Kyo Fan. Since you replaced the belt, I'd do the special firmware to reset the registration. When the belt starts getting the white ozone buildup, the registration sensor can't read the patches correctly. This throws the registration off.

jonbonse
09-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Yep, FS-C2126MFP sux more than my gf, and that's saying a lot! (if you ever get to install the adjustment kit on it, and get it to work properly after, you will know what i meant).

Anyways, out of all the issues this model has, i never had much problem with adjusting color registration. There is a bulletin from January 2014. for this issue: 2KW-0044 (D271) that you need to check. It involves 2 firmware upgrades (regular and adjustment) and takes 2 usb sticks to complete. After that it takes some color registration adjustment after.

If i were you, i would 1st upgrade to the latest firmware and borrow a transfer belt from another working machine, than give it a go. I'm mentioning the belt cause calibration and alignment happens on it and i've seen it solve these issues on some printer only models. If it doesn't help try the method i mentioned above.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info!

Where can I get the firmware?

muffinman
10-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info!

Where can I get the firmware?

Hi Jonbonse,

How'd you go with the firmware. I've got a FS-C2126MFP and am looking for the firmware upgrades as well. Can't seem to find it anywhere?
Cheers!

Custom Search