PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Issue

Custom Search

ClarkIR
09-11-2014, 10:17 PM
I have a current customer who was using a 3232e, and utilizing the scan to pc option in conjunction with Scanner File Utility. They are upgrading to a 300ci. however we have run into a snag. They use an FTP server that utilizes ports 21 & 22. for newer equipment as I understood it you had to use FTP setup with port 21 to use the scanner file utility. so i cant use that port for the FTP, and other ports I tried did not work

I didnt know if anyone had a resolution for this that would allow us to continue to use the scanner file utility. This server has 30-40 folders on it, and I didnt want to commit a guy to all that time setting each individual folder up on SMB sharing. (im still not 100% sure I can use SMB with their current security as it is set up, a previous tech attempted and failed to get it to work during the initial install)

so... any tips?

blackcat4866
09-11-2014, 10:31 PM
There should be no conflict using Port 21. =^..^=

ClarkIR
09-11-2014, 10:43 PM
There should be no conflict using Port 21. =^..^=
There is because the ftp server they is always on and catches the file then rejects it. We could sit there and watch it happen in the server dialogue

ClarkIR
09-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Two devices cannot connect to the same port simultaneously. If one is already Running the second one gets rejected.

Custom Search