PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta BizHub C3100P

Custom Search

ElementTech
09-12-2014, 05:25 PM
I just got the new Bizhub c3100p and it keeps going into ErP mode or "sub power mode" on it's own. I looked everywhere in the manual and online with no luck on how to prevent this from happening? The manual states the only way to put it in this mode is holding down the power keyfor a long period but its also going in this mode of it's own as well. Help!

njkid
09-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Make sure weekly timer is not enabled.

ElementTech
09-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Make sure weekly timer is not enabled.

It stays for days without going into Erp mode then we send some print jobs and in 5 min it's in Erp mode. There is no weekly timer for this model.

millerk
10-07-2014, 02:17 AM
ElementTech,
I too recently purchased one of these C3100P printers (I'm the IT Administrator for a school district). I have noticed identical problems, my users will print to the device, and after a little while, it will appear to go into sleep mode or show as "Offline". If I walk over and flip the power switch on the back to turn it off and then turn it back on, it will reboot and begin printing all of the jobs that it failed to previously print. I looked at the settings by going to the IP address of the printer and the sleep timer is set to 240 minutes (just like several of our other Konica Minolta Machines in the district) and they don't have this issue. My users also get a pop-up message saying "Excel Job Control" and "Remove White Background" whenever printing as well. I've been able to disable to "Remove White Background" option on the "Other Tab" on the print server, however, the Excel Job Control option is greyed out and can only be changed on the client machine itself.
Also, one of the biggest things I've noticed is that initially when I installed the machine, the link light on the NIC on the back of the printer had orange / green lights showing activity, within the past few weeks it does not show this activity, however, the machine is still pingable and able to be reached over the web interface until it goes "offline" or sleep mode, or whatever. I've got the latest driver (1.1.2.0) and I'm not able to find any updated firmware on Konica Minolta's website. I just wanted to see if you've noticed or experience any of these issues with your machine as well?

Thanks,
Kory

paulk@b-bt.com
03-14-2015, 01:32 AM
I was at a customer today. I had DHCP, BOOTP and ARP all turned off, but I still couldn't turn off Auto IP. On reboot, it would grab the IP of the server -- not good. Anyone else see this problem?

allan
03-14-2015, 02:07 AM
There would probably be firmware out for the problems. luckily we dont do those small machines.
As for the background removal and excel job control messages delete the print driver, reinstall the driver by not reselecting the existing driver and untick the settings as soon as you have installed it.

njkid
03-16-2015, 07:18 PM
It stays for days without going into Erp mode then we send some print jobs and in 5 min it's in Erp mode. There is no weekly timer for this model.

Not that it would be your answer but you better check the service manual again. There is a weekly timer setting for this model.

andyf424
01-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Anybody get anywhere with this problem? I've got two c3100p that have the timer maxed out to 240 and the firmware updated yet they will randomly go into a sleep mode. Users can send print jobs but, the machine won't wake. The only thing that works is turn it off/on and the printing resumes normally. Driver is updated PCL6 excel and white background removal are both off too.

nothing in the service mode to enable sleep mode disable like in bigger machines.

firmware is 705-999 which is version 8.

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Lil' Konica's?

Custom Search