PDA

View Full Version : 601 Random Black/Gray Bar on ADF scans

Custom Search

Synaux
09-14-2014, 09:40 PM
I will post a sample soon, but basically on ADF scans, the first and/or second page of a scan/copy set will randomly get a black bar approximately 1/2" wide and full length of the sheet on the lead edge.
Mechanically, everything looks correct, but it moves so fast...

Any ideas?

Synaux
09-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Here is a sample--I blurred out the content--CQ is good other than that bar.

wseyller
09-15-2014, 02:22 AM
Bad ribbon cable?

Synaux
09-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Bad ribbon cable?
I will take a second look.
Thanks!

Mr Spock
09-15-2014, 11:46 PM
take a ruler and make a copy from the glass.
Send the copy through the adf and check the magnification.
If it is off then possible registration drive.
also check the adf height adjustment.

Synaux
09-18-2014, 01:34 AM
take a ruler and make a copy from the glass.
Send the copy through the adf and check the magnification.
If it is off then possible registration drive.
also check the adf height adjustment.
Thanks Spock

I tweaked the height adjustment and some of the ADF options in service mode and thought I had cleared the issue.

I stood there and made about 50 copies of 5 pages (about 25 one sided and the other two sided).
I walked away from the machine and it went of standby, came back and it did it again.

This seems to only happen after the machine enters power save mode.

I do not think this is a drive issue, because even even when this happens the original will still be copied in its entirety and will show over that bar....

Any more suggestions?

Synaux
04-15-2015, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone...wanted to update this as I never did get it fixed and my last post was a bit misleading.

I attached a new sample...looks like the text is getting inverted. I was not able to duplicate this myself so I scanned in an example of a form (blurred the content so I don't get in trouble somehow)

Looks like it is copying the text, but inverting it.

Very weird me thinks...:confused:

It seems to only do with one single copies, and only the second page of sets and only out of the adf.

allan
04-16-2015, 02:25 AM
Is it ok from the glass. That is a print engine problem.

Synaux
04-16-2015, 05:23 AM
Is it ok from the glass. That is a print engine problem.

Yea, scans on the platten are always fine.
As far as I know this is not a common issue... ?
Can you elaborate on "print engine problem?"

Thanks!

allan
04-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Looks like a typical charge problem, but ADF only does not make sense. Make a double sided copy and check if its on both sides.
Try to change the scan control board, the one where the ADF and scanner motor plugs into.
you say random so its not every page?

copier addict
04-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Make sure the black sensor covers are still in place over the DF skew sensors. I seem to remember having one long ago have symptoms.
Hope this helps

Synaux
04-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Looks like a typical charge problem, but ADF only does not make sense. Make a double sided copy and check if its on both sides.
Try to change the scan control board, the one where the ADF and scanner motor plugs into.
you say random so its not every page?

It is a rare occurrence, there seems to be a bit of a pattern with this happening when coming out of standby. I can stand there at times and copy shit for 5-10min straight and cannot get it to do it.
Prints are always fine.

It is only on one side--never seen it do it on the second side--and seems to only be the second page of a set (I have been told it does it on the first page OR second page too, but I have not seen this directly).

I was thinking about the scan control board as well.
Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell me??

Synaux
04-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Make sure the black sensor covers are still in place over the DF skew sensors. I seem to remember having one long ago have symptoms.
Hope this helps

Being that is physically copying the page (but inverting the image on part of the page) lead me to think it is not a sensor issue; however, I will check!

Custom Search